Hoddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Hoddle lined up for Leicester job

What does everone think about this? He's a big name in football who could potetntially attract some big players mind you, the wheelchair area is bound to to be scrapped.

I'm neither glad or sad about this story, what about you?

Same here. I've heard that any player who's worked beneath him says he's a quality coach, but he does seem to have a way of f*cking things up through his man management or 'different' opinions.....

I'd like to think the ball would spend less than 95% of its time in the air though if he came here.

alex said:
I disagree - I think he would be an excellent manager.

You reckon? I think he would attract some big name players but am unsure he would be a loyal manager, etc.

The way I look at it JF, is he would only leave us for a better proposition, which would only be offered to him should he have done a good job with us IMO.

I agree about the loyalty, but I actually think he has done an excellent job in most that he's taken and probably would've turned Spurs around. He's an arrogant twat, but aren't they most, but I think his profile will wake up the football club and supporters alike...and some signings!

Eh up, if Hoddle came here he could bring G8 in! Think about all the £ signs in the club merchandisers eyes.....

F*ck 120th anniversary, its G8 year.

On balance I think that Hoddle would be good for the club, especially if he could do for us what he did for Swindon (at our expense). By the way who or what is G8?

Shabba! said:
Eh up, if Hoddle came here he could bring G8 in! Think about all the £ signs in the club merchandisers eyes.....

F*ck 120th anniversary, its G8 year.

Hoddle has been a disaster nearly everywhere he has been, also he is hardly the man to install discipline at the club.

However he does bring his own dentists chair for team morale exercises!

Good thread this, well done me.

Hoddle was a quality player but as a manager Im still unconvinced although I am strnagely coming around to the idea.

In two minds,we might play some good passing football etc but I don't like him as a person.Also he might start singing that song with Waddle in the half time interval and then make it compulsory to roll the sleeves up on jackets.

a man of God may help steer some of the lost souls we have as players towards the light.
Too expensive thoough i think.

everywhere he has been he has been a success, or atleast he hasn't failed miserably. even at england!

I also seem to remember him getting enland to play 3-5-2. how many of us would like to see city doing that?

Lboro fox said:
Hoddle has been a disaster nearly everywhere he has been
Are you sure?

Swindon: Took them from being a side going nowhere and propelled them into the top-flight playing attractive football.

Chelsea: Moved the club on by bringing in high-profile players and intoduced a progressive style of play - laid the foundations for Vialli to pick up all that silverware.

England: For probably the only time in the last 15 years (with the possible exception of Venables) there was a real sense that England were moving forward. They looked tactically suited to playing at international level for once. Won a WC qualifying group featuring Italy and were unfortunate to go out of the WC. Sacked for non-footballing reasons.

Southampton: Turned the club from being perennial relegation battlers into a solid mid-table Premiership club. Southampton were gutted to lose him.

Spurs: Didin't seem to do any better or worse particularly than his predecessors of the past 15 years or so but was forced out by the Spurs fans who think that they have a right to a level of success they haven't had for 30 years. The only Spurs players who griped about him were those who weren't getting in the team.

As for his supposed "nutcase" beliefs, they are pretty conventional Christian and Buddhist views held by millions of people across the world. If anyone had bothered to try to understand his comments about reincarnation rather than jumping on the bandwagon, they would have known that he wasn't making a slight against the disabled.

I think he'd be a cracking appointment for you and I wish we'd got him when we had the chance instead of opting for the clown Kinnear.

FOXFAN said:
everywhere he has been he has been a success, or atleast he hasn't failed miserably. even at england!

I also seem to remember him getting enland to play 3-5-2. how many of us would like to see city doing that?

I'd prefer 3-4-1-2 but you all know that!

VOTE JOE_FOX YOU TOSSERS!

Hoddle is slightly mental, but luckily he has Eileen Drewery to put him on the straight and narrow.

Remember at the world cup 98 he didn't play Owen becasuse he's not a natural goal scorer. What will he think of dublin, connolly, benjamin et al??

how dare you say trevs not a goal scorer. may god have mercy on you

trip said:
Hoddle is slightly mental, but luckily he has Eileen Drewery to put him on the straight and narrow.

Remember at the world cup 98 he didn't play Owen becasuse he's not a natural goal scorer. What will he think of dublin, connolly, benjamin et al??

Sins in a previous life no doubt.

I feel so stupid for saying that. I mean come on, everyone knows Tricky Trev is the best striker outside the premier... He just needs to get his eye in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669