Holiday nightmare - legal advice help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi ! I'll get there one day !

But I agree with what Davie said. Keep written records of events and all the evidence of them misrepresenting and go see a solicitor when you get back if it's not resolved. A consultation will give you a clearer picture whether you got a decent case and then you can decide if you want to proceed. Plus if the evidence is overwhelmingly in your favour it will be settled out of court as long as they're not real stubborn hits !

I sincerely hope you do! :icon_razz

I have concrete evidence of the charges in that the hotel was expecting the overall cost (including the agents fees) to be 1520 euros.

What I was actually charged was close to 2700 euros as the expected agents fees were 50% rather than 15%. If therefore I am expecting to get a cottage worth 2700 euros and I get one worth 1520 is that not misrepresentation?

They also told me it had a bath which it didn't which meant I couldn't bath my 17 month old son (showers are not recommended for babies). I was also unaware that as I opted out of paying for breakfast up front to the agent (17 euros as opposed to 12 direct with the hotel) they would not clean our rooms at all.

I don't know of a law that says you can only charge your clients a set mark up. You can sell at whatever you like, so I doubt the agent is doing anything wrong there.
You should be able to have him on the bath part as that is what you asked for and that is what he said you were getting. As for not washing your son, surely you could improvise, you will be faced with much bigger problems than not being able to wash your son because there was only a shower, in life FFS!

Also dont tell me you booked through an agent without ABTA, ATOL or IATA bonding? If not then its your own stupid fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00