Holland or Double Dutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we signed Ronaldinho some people would be unhappy because he has lost it, or he has big teeth etc.

Matt Holland...

Has he got a better pedigree than any of our midfielders - Yes

Is he an experienced international - Yes

Is he better this season than AJ ever was - Yes

Has he got experience of the Fizzy - Yes

Always seemed like an honest pro to me, we have very few of those at the moment, and he probably wouldn't hide. Good person for Weso to learn from...

Get him in.

Used to be a great player

He isn't any more
... which is why we have a chance of signing him? I don't think we'll have many great players at the top of their game beating down our door just yet...

But if we can, yes, sign him - he'd instantly become our best player, IMO.

Not somebody else coming for a pension please!!

Those were my thoughts, especially since moneys so tight and we're not realisticlly looking at a promotion push for a couple of seasons yet. I would go for it for free or a nominal fee but 500k for a 32 year old? Hmmmm

I am amazed with the negativity on this. Holland could well turn this team around. This division and with the leadership he could bring to our younger players this is potentially a great signing.
:038: Totally agree alex.

Lets be right about this if it's true, he would certainly add something to the centre of the midfield that we have been lacking all season. Williams must be worried now.

Those were my thoughts, especially since moneys so tight and we're not realisticlly looking at a promotion push for a couple of seasons yet. I would go for it for free or a nominal fee but 500k for a 32 year old? Hmmmm

ok then who would you sign who's better player with more experience, more quality and who has played 16 premiership games this season.

i think ill be waiting for a few fecking years for the reply

Agree with Alex, ferchrissakes stop being so damn negative you morons!
This is exactly the sort of signing we need, still good enough in the prem and will be the signing RK wanted Johnson to be.
And he is around the same age as Kavanagh, no?
And we know what a class act he is in the fizzy.

And he is around the same age as Kavanagh, no?

kavanagh is a great player, i believe any team who wants to get out of this league needs a similar leader in midfield. holland would be ****ing immense

Again Holland would be an amazing signing compared to the tripe that we have to watch 'play' in the centre of midfield! Either him or Richard Hughes or both if we can would be a huge improvement on what we currently have and would definitely provide some determination and passion from the heart of the team. Would probs go for Hughes ahead of Holland just for the extra years hes got left and would probs be a bit more mobile, although I would complain with Holland as either IMO would make an excellent captain straight away!

Fans want change, fans get change, fans don't like it. Bloody typical

im looking forward to this now!

Matty Holland used to be my favourite player for the Republic when i watched them, he always puts 100% into the game, which is what we need!

I have to say I'm more excited about this than any other sigining of recent years. If it goes through I genuinly can't wait to see him play for us.

I have to say I'm more excited about this than any other sigining of recent years. If it goes through I genuinly can't wait to see him play for us.

weve been deprived of any type of quality for so long that its exciting. cany bloody wait

I think since our first year back down, after MA had his Dad's Army so expensively underachieved, people react negatively everytime we are linked to an older (28+) player. Not every 30 year old footballer is washed up and shite and just desperate to collect a last paycheck.

Matt Holland would be a fantastic signing, and I can't see his age being any hindrance in the next year or 2 in this league as we try to get back to the Premiership. You need some good experienced heads in a young team to give guidance and guile. I don't think we'd be able to sign a better, experience player in our current position. I'd even be suprised we could attract a player like Holland. He's been captain at Charlton for a long while, and was at Ipswich before he left, and I think he's even captained Ireland a few times? We need leadership on the pitch and that's something Holland can bring.

I'm excited about this move.

Last edited:
I have been saying for weeks that Holland would be the first player I would try and get in...would be fantastic if true. He is just what we need.

Milan has just been on Sky Sports News talking about his Leicester takeover. He expects it to be done in the next few days. He does seem to still have his heart at Pompy though.

He also said that some business needs to be done in the transfer market at Leicester this month if he is to be involved with the club.

Come on guys pull your fingers out of your arses and get this deal sealed.

[
I think since our first year back down, after MA had his Dad's Army so expensively underachieved, people react negatively everytime we are linked to an older (28+) player. Not every 30 year old footballer is washed up and shite and just desperate to collect a last paycheck.

completely agree :038:

I have been saying for weeks that Holland would be the first player I would try and get in...would be fantastic if true. He is just what we need.

Milan has just been on Sky Sports News talking about his Leicester takeover. He expects it to be done in the next few days. He does seem to still have his heart at Pompy though.

He also said that some business needs to be done in the transfer market at Leicester this month if he is to be involved with the club.

Come on guys pull your fingers out of your arses and get this deal sealed.

i know you have mate he would be good for us IMO :038: :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47