Holloway N.O.T.W

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time to forget about managers. We should let the fans pick the team. We all get a vote and sort it out that way. We also get to vote on contract extensions, transfers etc... Be bloody brilliant!

Yes - but it needs to be organised so I propose that all footballing matters are delegated to the FT......the FT elders will meet of a Thursday afternoon(weather permitting) and select the team having had a full consultation with paid up members over the previous couple of days.

Yes - but it needs to be organised so I propose that all footballing matters are delegated to the FT......the FT elders will meet of a Thursday afternoon(weather permitting) and select the team having had a full consultation with paid up members over the previous couple of days.

who decides the FT selecter and who pays for new players £10 each:102:

who decides the FT selecter and who pays for new players £10 each:102:

I think the FT selection panel should be drawn from those who gave MM such brilliant advice on choice of managers last year.

The great advantage of the FT choosing the team and handling all transfers is that they are completely representative of all Leicester City supporters. In fact I'm amazed that they haven't already considered buying out MM

I think it's time to forget about managers. We should let the fans pick the team. We all get a vote and sort it out that way. We also get to vote on contract extensions, transfers etc... Be bloody brilliant!

it's already happening at Ebbsfleet Utd, and they are currently 9th in the Blue Square Premier and look at who's below them in the league before this is laughed off...

http://ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/eufc/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Itemid=100

memberships at £35 per shareholder and there's currently 28,500 of them....

interesting stuff.

Last edited:
it's already happening at Ebbsfleet Utd, and they are currently 9th in the Blue Square Premier and look at who's below them in the league before this is laughed off...

http://ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/eufc/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Itemid=100

interesting stuff.

I think it is fair to point out that this fan group/website has only purchased the club within the last fortnight. It has not yet started to get involved in team selection and other team affairs and is in no way responsible for the club being in 9th position. Bearing in mind what Craig Levein said about never knowing who his boss was, I wonder how any coach or manager at Ebbsfleet will cope with almost 30,000 of them.

You might also wonder why if Ebbsfleet have 28,500 shareholders, they have so few going through the turnstiles. The answer is that this is a gimmick used to promote a website. Let's see how it works in the real world.

Last edited:
I think it is fair to point out that this fan group/website has only purchased the club within the last fortnight. It has not yet started to get involved in team selection and other team affairs and is in no way responsible for the club being in 9th position. Bearing in mind what Craig Levein said about never knowing who his boss was, I wonder how any coach or manager at Ebbsfleet will cope with almost 30,000 of them.

You might also wonder why if Ebbsfleet have 28,500 shareholders, they have so few going through the turnstiles. The answer is that this is a gimmick used to promote a website. Let's see how it works in the real world.

ebbsfleet and city hardly comparable are they plus it would need a bloody big dugout with 30000 in there and no one in the stands

interesting stuff.

They have yet to have made a decision over anything and if they want this venture to continue successful they will have adopt a Barcelona like system.

a fair point indeed Boc....I posted the link in response to Micky's suggestion of team selection by democratic vote. I refered to the 9th place in the Blue Square league as many may not be familiar with Ebbsfleet's current status.

Personally I agree it's a gimmick and wonder what will happen when the novelty value wears off with the new 'owners' and the club find's itself lacking cohesive direction and managment from disparate and transient investors... the real fans are no doubt far from unified in support of concept,

Still interesting though that it's got this far....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00