Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must know that relegation would most likely be the end of Milan's involvement leading to the club going into administration and therefore struggling even in League 1.

Does anyone know if MM could just walk away in the suggested manner? I presume that he has at least acted as guarantor to the club's debts: would he be able to leave without a successor?

:038: If Milan came out and said that it'd be like having a new manager for the last games of the season. The players need to know it's them that will be held to account and the manager will be doing that. It's not acceptable for them to continue to fail and watch undermined manager replace undermined manager.

Oh and Durham. I've given your reputation a bump. Reckon you deserve it :icon_wink

How refreshing to here a balanced, positive post on this site. I agree with every word - shame it hasn't happened really!

I would have assumed if he was going pre WBA, he'd be gone by now so looks like he survives to face another day.

I would have assumed if he was going pre WBA, he'd be gone by now so looks like he survives to face another day.
Agreed, MM won't waste time. If he's gonna go he'll go the morning after a game. Either reactionary from MM, or a pre instructed "lose and you're out".

Personally I'd give him chance to prove that we are just going through a "bad luck" stage and the strikers will come good. But I'd tell him to "shut the fcuk up moaning and create your own luck".

How refreshing to here a balanced, positive post on this site. I agree with every word - shame it hasn't happened really!

Was there any need to be so negative & unbalanced about talkingballs just to agree with his post?

No, no - not at all.

He is at the 'dead man walking' stage for the next few days.

A few weeks ago there were plenty of people like you i.e. willing to accept virtually anything on the basis that we've already had too many changes. That support will now be seeping away.

Another defeat should be enough to see him off. His results are so bad that no self-respecting board would put up with it. Unless Milan has undergone a personality transplant or has decided to pack it in at the end of the season anyway, then I think your mate Ollie is a goner.

If he isn't sacked, then i think all of us should be very, very worried because that will mean that Milan is resigned to relegation, is almost certainly walking out and we all know the consequences . And trust me there will not be many happy bunnies about if we go into administration.

Of course we might win at the Albion and that would provide a possible platform for a revival.....the odds against a win are very good, but I won't be risking my money.

No, no - not at all.

He is at the 'dead man walking' stage for the next few days.

A few weeks ago there were plenty of people like you i.e. willing to accept virtually anything on the basis that we've already had too many changes. That support will now be seeping away.

Another defeat should be enough to see him off. His results are so bad that no self-respecting board would put up with it. Unless Milan has undergone a personality transplant or has decided to pack it in at the end of the season anyway, then I think your mate Ollie is a goner.

If he isn't sacked, then i think all of us should be very, very worried because that will mean that Milan is resigned to relegation, is almost certainly walking out and we all know the consequences . And trust me there will not be many happy bunnies about if we go into administration.

Of course we might win at the Albion and that would provide a possible platform for a revival.....the odds against a win are very good, but I won't be risking my money.

I said he's safe til the Albion game, so you are agreeing with me?

I said he's safe til the Albion game, so you are agreeing with me?

Definitely - I go with Milan being a man of moods and if he is going to chop him it would be after any defeat at the Baggies. He must be looking at his options right now tho' - anyone would in his position.

I can't see Holloway withstanding another defeat - however, I concede that if he survives the next week or so then he is almost certainly going to be there for the duration of the season. Then if we are relegated i think Milan will walk away from us and if we survive I trust that he will get rid of Holloway at the end of the season. Not a happy picture I know, but we just happen to differ on the potential of Holloway for turning things round.

IMO, Holloway will stay until it's mathematically impossible for us to stay up. That's when I think MM will start planning for next season, until then MM seems to be giving him as much time as possible.

If Mandaric has lent LCFC lots of money to spazz on useless footballers and football managers then why would he push the club into admin, thereby presumably ensuring that he would be unlikely to get back anything resembling the amount he loaned the club?

If Mandaric has lent LCFC lots of money to spazz on useless footballers and football managers then why would he push the club into admin, thereby presumably ensuring that he would be unlikely to get back anything resembling the amount he loaned the club?

The only money MM is likely to lose if he walks is his innitial £600k investment.

and how does that work then?
Will they be buying themselves out of their contracts or will they just not bother turning up and stop playing altogether?

This may be amazing to some but the vast majority of our current first team would be attractive additions to many in our divisiion, and as the power in football lies with the players these days they would be able to engineer their exits from the club without too much of a problem.

Does anyone know if MM could just walk away in the suggested manner? I presume that he has at least acted as guarantor to the club's debts: would he be able to leave without a successor?

He has to cough up another two and a half mill this summer under the terms of the sale....

As to the debt he's built up - I think he'd have difficulty extracting himself out of that quickly, so you've got to assume he'll be staying for a while. Although if he's just acting as guarantor rather than lending the club his own money, fleeing the country might be an option.

Ok you have had your amusement now in winding people up.

It's like people waiting for the atom bomb to fall on Hiroshima and saying at least we can start afresh with a brown site building development.

You must know that relegation would most likely be the end of Milan's involvement leading to the club going into administration and therefore struggling even in League 1.

I have to say that the compensation for us losing at the Baggies on Saturday is that Holloway will probably be down the road - this will lift the spirits and should provide at least a short term revival that might just help us climb out of the mire.

I have nothing against Holloway personally and wish him well - but he is taking this club further down in each month of his tenure; his win ratio would be unacceptable anywhere. At the moment he is defying gravity by hanging on to his job - but it surely won't last.

It takes a huge leap to believe that. Relegation would almost ensure that he gets the club at the minimum contracted price, will give him an excuse to get rid of some of the more expensive drags on the club's expenses and an opportunity to 'start again' with his own blank sheet of paper. Yes, there will be disadvantages but I don't expect that he would find them insuperable.

It would certainly make it one hell of a lot more difficult for him to walk away from the club with a single penny in his pocket.

Probably???

I wonder how this 'probable' clause has been worded.

"If I play really shit and contribute toward the club being relegated I am free to leave the club without penalty and LCFC cannot sell me on to another club because my contract with them is null & void."

Hmmmm, I don't think you've thought this through reality fox

There was certainly such a clause in most of the players' contracts entered into during the Bassett/Adams era, although I am sure that the wording was very different from that which you suggest.

I can't see Holloway withstanding another defeat - however, I concede that if he survives the next week or so then he is almost certainly going to be there for the duration of the season. Then if we are relegated i think Milan will walk away from us and if we survive I trust that he will get rid of Holloway at the end of the season. Not a happy picture I know, but we just happen to differ on the potential of Holloway for turning things round.

Can he just 'walk away from us' as you put it?

But it presumes that a 'lift in spirits' is what is needed. It also presumes that sacking Ollie would provide it.

I'm not convinced.

I am, I witnessed it when Levein left, I think we'll witness it if Ollie leaves.

This lift in your spirits? - it didn't do the club much good though, did it?

MM is the club at the moment. I think you will be able to work out your answer from that.

The only money MM is likely to lose if he walks is his innitial £600k investment.

You don't know what you are talking about. MM has lost more than that already. He can not simply just walk away from the club.

Can he just 'walk away from us' as you put it?

I guess that you have more of a grasp of what may be the intracasies of his ownership than me. So what do you think?

However, I can't believe that he is enjoying his position at Leicester and there is usually a way out if you are prepared to take the unavoidable hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669