Holloway to learn fate on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or to look on it in a slightly different light, what good is changing the manager likely to do in the motivation stakes?

I would imagine when he took the job MM pointed out the lack of motivation or spirit and he Holloway said he could do something about it.You listen to that interview,not once does he admit that he maybe responsible and he may have made mistakes.Its part of his job to install spirit and motivate whether Levein,Worthington etc did is irrelevent,Holloway took the job and with it the responsibility IMO

I would imagine when he took the job MM pointed out the lack of motivation or spirit and he Holloway said he could do something about it.You listen to that interview,not once does he admit that he maybe responsible and he may have made mistakes.Its part of his job to install spirit and motivate whether Levein,Worthington etc did is irrelevent,Holloway took the job and with it the responsibility IMO

I think it's quite short sighted personally to ignore the fact that many others have also failed on that score and jump on Holloway as the main problem. You could easily argue he had the hardest job as morale had been so low for such a sustained period of time.

I think it's quite short sighted personally to ignore the fact that many others have also failed on that score and jump on Holloway as the main problem. You could easily argue he had the hardest job as morale had been so low for such a sustained period of time.

And you could try admitting that Holloway is not the Messiah and has made mistakes:icon_roll.He accepted the job he knew the problwems and not only did he do feck all about them he spent a decent wege making them problems worse.I wonder if you would have the same sympathy if it was Gary megson who had taken us down and you would be wanting 'Stability' then

Last edited:
and holloway quite clearly thought he could turn things around and he failed miserably!! think its time you got you head out of holloways arse now durham....:)

And you could try admitting that Holloway is not the Messiah and has made mistakes:icon_roll.He accepted the job he knew the problwems and not only did he do feck all about them he spent a decent wege making them problems worse

I know he made mistakes, plent of them. I don't think he is any kind of Messiah at all. He's an average Championship manager IMO.

He admitted shortly after arriving that he had no idea how big the problems were at the club.

Last edited:
and holloway quite clearly thought he could turn things around and he failed miserably!! think its time you got you head out of holloways arse now durham....:)

Failed where all before him had failed too. Shoot him.

We were going down this season, whoever was in charge.

I know he made msitakes, plent of them. I don't think he is any kind of Messiah at all. He's an average Championship manager IMO.

He admitted shortly after arriving that he had no idea how big the problems were at the club.

And?/ That doesn't excuse the almighty bollox he made of it.He will be here next season and no doubt people will still be defending him when we are 15th in October,couple of seasons down there just what we need

if he did go who would come in? dowie would be the obvious one but i can't see him inspiring confidence in the players no one else would want the job as there's no chance to actualy build a team.

So we were looking good then were we? A team just ready to make the next step to a Play Off place.

Well we certainly weren't in the bottom three

And we were still above Palace and Cardiff

Hardly a team destined to go down, whichever bizarre twist you wish to put on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669