Holloway was in the wrong - Mandaric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric will not condone manager Ian Holloway, who insulted a supporter after Saturday's goalless draw with Bristol City.

Mandaric told BBC Radio Leicester: "I am not sure I approve. I don't think it is the right thing to really call any unproper names to your fans.

"We are one family and we should not call names or hurt each other.

"I am giving full support to the manager but I am always, always on the side of the supporters as well."

Mandaric has also called on the fans to stick with the club: "I hope supporters do continue to give us support at this crucial time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/7289773.stm

Not sure if this has been covered in a different thread, but what did Holloway do?

Probably told a blue mongie where to go.

Amazing how some people think its ok to shout abuse at managers/players but if they say anything back they go crying to the stewards

I can understand why a manager might want to tell a supporter where to go. O´Neill of course called certain fans 'eggheads' once upon a time.

On the other hand he was a man of intelligence and considerable footballing pedigree. He also won a lot of games. This is the second time Holloway has criticised our fans and I daresay he'd be well advised to focus on the total inadequacy of his team before lambasting poor idiots like ourselves who pay for the privilege of watching them.

Probably told a blue mongie where to go.

Amazing how some people think its ok to shout abuse at managers/players but if they say anything back they go crying to the stewards

As much as he shouldn't be 'abusive' to fans, the double standards really annoy me, and if the fan did run off and complain, not only is it ridiculous because they were probably calling Holloway a **** 5 minutes earlier, but it's also hardly helping when it's our own ****ing manager is it.

I can understand why a manager might want to tell a supporter where to go. O´Neill of course called certain fans 'eggheads' once upon a time.

On the other hand he was a man of intelligence and considerable footballing pedigree. He also won a lot of games. This is the second time Holloway has criticised our fans and I daresay he'd be well advised to focus on the total inadequacy of his team before lambasting poor idiots like ourselves who pay for the privilege of watching them.

Didnt O'Neil slag off the fans after they started booing him after 10 games? Didnt he also always remember this and even in the good times mention it to embarass said fans?

As much as he shouldn't be 'abusive' to fans, the double standards really annoy me, and if the fan did run off and complain, not only is it ridiculous because they were probably calling Holloway a **** 5 minutes earlier, but it's also hardly helping when it's our own ****ing manager is it.

They probably hoped Milan would fire him

It did make me laugh that in the article MM sits on the fence and says he supports the manager but the fans are important :icon_lol:

Last edited:
I would imagine this is in response to the amount of people calling the RL phone in last night to complain about it and the Birch passing on the info to MM.

No Holloway went upto Milan and said i just told a fan to **** off because he was booing and saying were shite :icon_roll
There are lots of ways for information to get relayed back to the authorities, the most obvious of which being witnesses.

I trust most people are clever enough to understand this. So I will ask you again, did the fan complain directly to Milan Mandaric?

Its not double standards. Football fans pay to go the football and can voice whatever opinion they see fit.

The manager of the football club is paid an obscene amount of money to act in a correct and proper way.

IH was in the wrong, even if it was a reet cnut spouting shit at him who deserved everything he gets

He called a fan a pillock on the radio, referencing a fan who he heard "moaning" when leaving the stadium on Saturday.

It seems to me that IH is the pillock in this particular circumstance.

He called a fan a pillock on the radio, referencing a fan who he heard "moaning" when leaving the stadium on Saturday.

It seems to me that IH is the pillock in this particular circumstance.
Cheers 1966, so the fan didn't directly report him then, that's good.

You're correct, other than Willlow, only Holloway comes out of this looking like a Pillock.

What a non-story

Only because its Leicester. If the chairman of Man U had to come out and apologise for Alex Ferguson slagging a fan off on the radio there would be national uproar.

Im sure AF is much to clever for that kind of behaviour though.

I apologise I didnt realise Holloway called someone a pillock for know reason what a fcuking cnut

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670