Holloway was in the wrong - Mandaric

Status
Not open for further replies.
What surprises me is not so much him calling the fan a pillock, in the heat of the moment towards the end of the match, but that he then decides to repeat it 10 minutes later when he has cooled down on the radio.

I apologise I didnt realise Holloway called someone a pillock for know reason what a fcuking cnut
Nobody said it was for no reason?, I'm guessing the fan said something that offended Holloway.

If you got your head out from your own arse and started to acknowledge that other members of this forum had something to say, and were perfectly entitled to say it, instead of just implying that everybody should shut up because you consider their opinions are wrong, you might just understand WTF is going off.

a public vote of confidence more like.

I think IH is soon to be history....

I really hope so because Im sick and tired of everyone talking about him fcuking going!

Although if he does go every fcuker will be talking crap about who is coming in :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Nobody said it was for no reason?, I'm guessing the fan said something that offended Holloway.

If you got your head out from your own arse and started to acknowledge that other members of this forum had something to say, and were perfectly entitled to say it, instead of just implying that everybody should shut up because you consider their opinions are wrong, you might just understand WTF is going off.

Melton starting a pointless argument with someone, fcuk me theres a surprise.

IMO Holloway is entitled to criticise fans if they are critising him. So stop angling for an argument and go annoy somebody else.

Last edited:

As far as I can gather IH took offence to the fan moaning about the fact we were not beating a team like Bristol City at home and not applauding the fact we had played well.

As far as I can gather IH took offence to the fan moaning about the fact we were not beating a team like Bristol City at home and not applauding the fact we had played well.

To be fair that fan is right we should be beating the team that is top of the league!

Melton starting a pointless argument with someone, fcuk me theres a surprise.

IMO Holloway is entitled to criticise fans if they are critising him. So stop angling for an argument and go annoy somebody else.
If you don't want reaction, cut out the provocation. Saracasm is wonderful, and your first post at me was a prime example of wonderful sarcasm.

However, the fact you were wrong, and my question was sensible, entitles me to react accordingly. I am not looking for an argument with you, I am standing up against childlike comments aimed in my direction.

If you don't want reaction, cut out the provocation. Saracasm is wonderful, and your first post at me was a prime example of wonderful sarcasm.

However, the fact you were wrong, and my question was sensible, entitles me to react accordingly. I am not looking for an argument with you, I am standing up against childlike comments aimed in my direction.

In my first post I generalised that fans who slag off players/managers shouldnt moan when they get it back.

You accussed me off suggesting a fan had told MM directly and I therefore replied with a sarcastic remark.

I like Tropicana, it tastes nice and i like it.

not sure if its the same fan that 1966 was talking about but on saturday there was a bloke about 2 rows behind me in b2 beside the dugouts who was aiming alot of critisism at holloway for taking dj off. IH heard him and shouted something at him then went and sat back down. like i said i dont no weather its the same fan or a seprate inccident.

The so called fan shouted at Holloway that we were rubbish. The fact that we played the top team off the park and on any other day would have won by 3 or 4 goals makes the fan a complete pillock in my opinion and I'm fully behind Ollie for speaking his mind.

Don't give me any of this "we pay our money and can say what we like" crap.

The fan was well out of order. In A section where I sit, everyone stood up and applauded the team at the end of the game. I heard no one moan, just a general disbelief we hadn't scored and in the knowledge the players gave everything and played fantastically well.

Games like that happen for all teams occasionally. The fans are the ones panicking, not the players or the manager.

He called a fan a pillock on the radio, referencing a fan who he heard "moaning" when leaving the stadium on Saturday.

It seems to me that IH is the pillock in this particular circumstance.

Yes, that is what happened. IH also said that he heard the fan say 'rubbish' (re the game). Clearly we may all agree that the fan was in a minority of one with that view in terms of the performance, but I strongly believe IH was wrong to say that on the radio. By all means think it - and even say it to your closest aides but I don't think this public display of a lack of control and judgement is impressive behaviour on the part of the manager.

Given some of the truly idiotic fans of Leicester City who appear to know nothing about football (or who are referred to on here as 'BM's) then I cant blame Ollie.

Yes, that is what happened. IH also said that he heard the fan say 'rubbish' (re the game). Clearly we may all agree that the fan was in a minority of one with that view in terms of the performance, but I strongly believe IH was wrong to say that on the radio. By all means think it - and even say it to your closest aides but I don't think this public display of a lack of control and judgement is impressive behaviour on the part of the manager.

Mind you - it's not surprising, Holloway will have been well wound up by the game and like many managers prone to lose it in these situations especially when the team was generally performing well and dogged by bad finishing and bad luck.

I agree though that he would have been better to leave the matter and not drag it out in the cold light of day later.

Nice one Oli speak your mind.

Too many Wengers of this world "I'm not sure about the incident (blatent foul) I'm not sure what your talking about "

If a pillock needs telling off, call him a pillock I say.

A situation being blown all out of proportion that could be the eventual undoing of IH.

I have some sympathy for him, as regards the crap the so called fan supposedly spouted, but for him to continue on the radio was certainly not in his or the clubs best interest.

Next home game will be interesting if this diamond geezer turns up in the vicinity of IH and City aren't playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669