Holloway's Future post January

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzy

I don't know how everyone else feels, but these new players will have to settle and do well bloody quickly. Holloway has blasted some of the existing players (quite rightly), and has criticised the work ethic publicly. I cannot see him being given too much thread after he brings in the new players - afterall, we've dipped into the bottom three since he took over.

He knows that he needs to sign a few gems to ensure that the Walkers and the chairman remain onside. He has more-or-less promised that things will improve and, although I am sure he is paying lip service to the chairman who has little patience, he knows that he will have til the end of the season to get us (at least) into mid table, and also show enough promise for next season.

Olly knows that he's got a job on, and that the forthcoming Hungarian/English influx will have to be substantially better than we've seen in the past few seasons.

Good luck Olly - I hope that Milan's contact and Penrice serve you well...

I don't know how everyone else feels, but these new players will have to settle and do well bloody quickly. Holloway has blasted some of the existing players (quite rightly), and has criticised the work ethic publicly. I cannot see him being given too much thread after he brings in the new players - afterall, we've dipped into the bottom three since he took over.

He knows that he needs to sign a few gems to ensure that the Walkers and the chairman remain onside. He has more-or-less promised that things will improve and, although I am sure he is paying lip service to the chairman who has little patience, he knows that he will have til the end of the season to get us (at least) into mid table, and also show enough promise for next season.

Olly knows that he's got a job on, and that the forthcoming Hungarian/English influx will have to be substantially better than we've seen in the past few seasons.

Good luck Olly - I hope that Milan's contact and Penrice serve you well...

I think he's reasonably safe for this season.

I would have thought that Milan's had a gut full for the time being of trying to find a manager who wants to work for him.

I don't think he will be judged by who he brings in this January - because I assume that the insiders are more realistic than some of the fans about what can actually be done then.

In my opinion, middle of the table would now be hard to achieve anyway - and unless come March we are in desparate trouble I would have thought Holloway would be OK.

The manager isn't the main one that needs to worry because unless Mandaric starts to stump up and make a decent effort of turning the club around then it will be him that starts to get it in the neck.

Odd that you rarely hear the chant or see the shirt "Milan is a Leicester fan" these days.

I would have thought that Milan's had a gut full for the time being of trying to find a manager who wants to work for him.

I don't think he will be judged by who he brings in this January - because I assume that the insiders are more realistic than some of the fans about what can actually be done then.

In my opinion, middle of the table would now be hard to achieve anyway - and unless come March we are in desparate trouble I would have thought Holloway would be OK.

Did you mean to say not hard to achieve? :icon_conf

Agree with the rest.

Did you mean to say not hard to achieve? :icon_conf

Agree with the rest.

If you keep on using that same smiley in every post it really is going to loose all meaning. :icon_conf

Mid table shouldn't be that hard to achieve, especially if we get good players in in January.
We're only 6 points off the top half. With half a season to go there's plenty of time to catch that up!

And only 11 points off the playoffs ;) 66 points still to play for this season. I don't think they'll want to completely write this one off yet, Milan will still be expecting us to climb the table in the rest of this season, especially if he's spending good money in the next month!

If you keep on using that same smiley in every post it really is going to loose all meaning. :icon_conf

That's the correct smiley to use, in fact it's a confused smiley. I use different ones all the time, I might add. And sometimes I don't use any.

As long as we stay clear of the relegation dogfight, then I don't think Holloway should be judged on position in the table. By the end of the season we need to see a team showing committment, passion, desire and playing football. A team playing as a team can go a long way in this league, add a bit of quality in the summer and next season could be a lot brighter. Mind you, for how many seasons have I been saying that!!!!!!!! :icon_roll

Holloway seems like a decent chap but I worry when managers whinge about the state of the squad when they arrive. Are they just making their excuses early?

Holloway seems like a decent chap but I worry when managers whinge about the state of the squad when they arrive. Are they just making their excuses early?

Normally yes. However with this shower it shows that they are astute managers wondering why the feck they came.

I think with Holloway he is actually backing up his assessment of the squad by telling various to find themselves another club. Am glad that he is not going to tolerate slackers, we've had our fair share of them now.

Despite the smokescreen of the jokey humour, i'm quietly impressed with his management so far. The club was in complete disarray and needed drastic action. Imo he has come in and quickly sussed out the amount of dross at the club. He was right to tell each and every one of those players to look elsewhere, and segregate them from the main playing squad. Also telling the players a few home truths after the Hull game was correct.
Far from being the mug that is persona would have people believe, i'm sure he his currently assessing other players that could have joined that list, and the balance required as he changes the squad. He will know like we all do that the team is woefully lacking in vital areas. I get the impression that the players are starting to warm to him though, and hopefully it will install something thats been missing for a long time,a better attitude in the players.
This season like the previous as been a disaster so far, and maybe i'm wrong but i think we might have a better manager than what we realize. Time will tell of course, but dont be suprised if in a years time if we are having to fend off other clubs from poaching our manager

As long as we stay clear of the relegation dogfight, then I don't think Holloway should be judged on position in the table. By the end of the season we need to see a team showing committment, passion, desire and playing football. A team playing as a team can go a long way in this league, add a bit of quality in the summer and next season could be a lot brighter. Mind you, for how many seasons have I been saying that!!!!!!!! :icon_roll

A reasonable set of criteria by which to judge IH. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Despite the smokescreen of the jokey humour, i'm quietly impressed with his management so far. The club was in complete disarray and needed drastic action. Imo he has come in and quickly sussed out the amount of dross at the club. He was right to tell each and every one of those players to look elsewhere, and segregate them from the main playing squad. Also telling the players a few home truths after the Hull game was correct.
Far from being the mug that is persona would have people believe, i'm sure he his currently assessing other players that could have joined that list, and the balance required as he changes the squad. He will know like we all do that the team is woefully lacking in vital areas. I get the impression that the players are starting to warm to him though, and hopefully it will install something thats been missing for a long time,a better attitude in the players.
This season like the previous as been a disaster so far, and maybe i'm wrong but i think we might have a better manager than what we realize. Time will tell of course, but dont be suprised if in a years time if we are having to fend off other clubs from poaching our manager

Top post Brauny :038:

Odd that you rarely hear the chant or see the shirt "Milan is a Leicester fan" these days.

True, although coincidently enough it was given an airing during the second half on Wednesday as was the chant to 'give us a wave'.

Didn't see Milan in his usual place - unless he has dyed his hair - was he actually here on Wednesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566