Holloway's Main Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're absolutely right. Well remembered - thanks.
Quite a list of interesting and intriguing points all told and not a bad insight into how IH sees things and a few of things that have happened/are happening behind the scenes.

And he said DJ had a hissy fit and wasn't happy when Allen left.

It doesn't say too much for DJ, does it? It must have been obvious to him that the vast number of new signings were duffers.

"And he said DJ had a hissy fit and wasn't happy when Allen left"

It doesn't say too much for DJ, does it? It must have been obvious to him that the vast number of new signings were duffers.

Yes, that's another thing that was said. I think the clear indication though was that IH had made up with him - presumably by making DJ feel wanted and indicating that he is very much part of his plans (which I think we've seen from snippets of what IH has said about DJ in the last few weeks).

The hissy fit was probably DJ just feeling worried that the man who signed and wanted him - Allen - had left and that maybe the new manager didn't want him. After all, he said a lot of disparaging things about the summer signings. IH has cleared up that misunderstanding is how things look. He is aware of DJ's 1 in 3 strike rate as he quoted it on the radio and is thus looking to him to repeat it here. I don't doubt that if he doesn't, Holloway will move him on but will give him a chance first.

Last edited:
I thought he also mentioned how he hated Plymouth and thought all their fans were toothless Simpletons and their town was a Shit heap also how he was only using their club has a stepping stone so that he could go on and manage a team with Premier League ambitions and a Premier League set-up rather than a glorified Park side.....but I might have misheard him

I thought he also mentioned how he hated Plymouth and thought all their fans were toothless Simpletons and their town was a Shit heap also how he was only using their club has a stepping stone so that he could go on and manage a team with Premier League ambitions and a Premier League set-up rather than a glorified Park side.....but I might have misheard him

I think you need to post the above on the 'looking forward to the game thread'. There's a certain 'littlegreen pygmy', or some such name, on there who might appreciate reading that comment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670