Holloway's Main Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

consty

I know there is a 'moan-in' thread but it has a number of pre-phone in posts and quite a number of complaints at the quality of the people who phoned in, so it's quite hard to decern what were the main things IH was saying. So if the mods don't mind I'd like 'cut to the chase' and start a thread where we just try and pick out - without necessarily arguing about the rights and wrongs of what he said - IH's main points and messages. So here's what I've picked out. Please add what's been left out...

1. Many of the problems at LCFC are to do with 14 signings that were not good enough, that he's having 'to deal with somebody else's mess'

2. When you bring new players in, the players already here expect and need to be given a 'lift' by better players arriving. Instead, the players were worse which dragged down morale (and performances). Furthermore, as many of those who were brought in were so on higher wages this also caused resentment and further lowered morale.

3. During this transfer window, because of the huge squad of inadequate and surplus to requirement players, the club had to concentrate as much on getting people out than getting people in. Maybe even more so on getting people out(?) MM's necessity to having to 'pay people off' to get them out (presumably all the players who left the club 'by mutual consent') restricted the scope on what could and should be spent.

4. The recent attacking/wide midfield options (presumably the preformances of Hume and Zsalt) showed the need to further strenghten in that area when we can

5. There's been lots of underachievement even from good players. Players like Stearman started well and then failed to continue; he has been given a good talking to by the manager and directly told to achieve what he is capable of.

6. Oakley is a very good midfielder and the manager absolutely refutes one caller's suggestion that he isn't a good enough addition to the midfield.

Last edited:
Jesus Consty, great work. What about the missing 15300 fans in Blackpool though? I'm not sure this was actually explored enough.

a) Hume loses the ball too easy

b) There is a lack of a leader at the club. He's trying to teach Kisnorbo and Maculay to be more outspoken.

c) Fryatt needs to wake up a bit.

a) Hume loses the ball too easy

b) There is a lack of a leader at the club. He's trying to teach Kisnorbo and Maculay to be more outspoken.

c) Fryatt needs to wake up a bit.

d) he thinks the fans are a bunch of BMs.

d) he thinks the fans are a bunch of BMs.

If a social worker heard the first five callers, they'd of thought Towers Hospital were doing a phone-in special.

e.g. 'What's up with Fryatt? Is he injured? How come he's not playing?'

He's been on the bench for the last 3 games and can't score for shit.

I liked "I've written a letter to Levein, Kelly, Allen, Megson and you. Saying that we need to sort the left back and central midfield problem. Yet nothing has been done, why?"

Ollie "I've just bought Clapham and Oakley?????"

So if the mods don't mind I'd like 'cut to the chase' and start a thread where we just try and pick out - without necessarily arguing about the rights and wrongs of what he said - IH's main points and messages.

Do what you like. The mods lost control of this forum long ago. You can type profanities, go off topic, and slag new posters to your hearts content without fear, just don't use too many smilies. :icon_lol:

Poor old Chesterfield Fo. I think he was missing an x amongst other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do what you like. The mods lost control of this forum long ago. You can type profanities, go off topic, and slag new posters to your hearts content without fear, just don't use too many smilies. :icon_lol:

Poor old Chesterfield Fo. I think he was missing an x amongst other things.

You are skating on thin ice. :mad: :mad:

Update - with thanks to Hazzman who pointed out a few points that I'd neglected or not remembered so I've included those here also slightly brushing up the way I put one or two things originally (thanks also to Newtonfox & Alex for the feedback).

1. Many of the current problems at LCFC are to do with the 14 signings made in the summer that were not good enough; thus IH said he is having "to deal with somebody else's mess."

2. When you bring new players in, the players already here expect and need to be given a 'lift' by better players arriving. Instead, the players were worse which dragged down morale (and performances). Furthermore, as many of those who were brought in were paid higher wages this also caused resentment and further lowered morale.

3. During this transfer window because of the huge squad of inadequate & surplus to requirement players, the club had to concentrate as much on getting people out than getting people in. Maybe even more so on getting people out(?) MM faced the necessity of having to "pay people off" to get them out (presumably all the players who 'left the club by mutual consent'); this restricted the scope on what could and should be spent.

4. The recent attacking/wide midfield options (presumably the preformances of Hume and Zsalt) showed the need to further strenghten in that area when we can.

5. There's been lots of underachievement even from good players. Players like Stearman started well and then failed to continue; he has been given a good talking to by the manager and directly told to achieve what he is capable of.

6. Oakley is a very good midfielder and the manager absolutely refutes one caller's suggestion that he isn't a good enough addition in terms of being an creative midfielder.

7) The team lacks a leader. IH is trying to get Kisnorbo and Maculay to be more outspoken, encourage and to lead the team. (Holloway also said the same thing of N'Gotty.)

8) Hume loses the ball too easyily & Fryatt needs to wake up a bit.

IH also said that these things he's said about the team and individual players he's told them to their faces - he wouldn't be saying anything publically that he hasn't directly told them already.

Another footnote Mr.Consty was that Holloway claimed that nearly 2.5million was bidded in the window for Kisnorbo and Maculay.

You're absolutely right. Well remembered - thanks.
Quite a list of interesting and intriguing points all told and not a bad insight into how IH sees things and a few of things that have happened/are happening behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670