Homer's - 'He could do a job' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenton Released

I see Darren Kenton is available on a free transfer, he would be an excellent signing for us I think we can get some decent players in on free transfers.
Other players I would like to see us sign.

Marc Bircham (QPR) Free Transfer an ideal replacement for Joey and a great ball winner to play alongside Williams.
Marian Pahars (Southampton)
Steve Jones (Crewe)
I think if we signed the above players and manage to flog Sylla, Hammill, Elvis and De Vries we could probably sign Andy Welsh as well as a new keeper what do you think?

Re: Kenton Released

I think we may well need a rehash of Homers ''He could do a job'' thread...:102:

Can we have another rumours thread like last summer? There's loads of threads with the same rumours. :icon_eek: Sort it out, mods! :icon_razz

Homer's - He could do a job thread.

As last season, all of your suggestions, rumours etc for players to bring in close season.

Sorry HF I posted before you sent your message. I'm sorry. :icon_sad: :icon_wink

Re: marian pahars

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Isn't he joining Sheff Utd permanently in the summer from West Brom?

dont know he was on loan there but warnock refused to let him train with the first teamers and horsefield didnt know why :102:

highland fox said:
I think we may well need a rehash of Homers ''He could do a job'' thread...:102:

I was going to start one on the 8th when the transfer window reopens. ;)

Re: marian pahars

Yorkshire Vixen said:
dont know he was on loan there but warnock refused to let him train with the first teamers and horsefield didnt know why :102:

Still on loan.

but he wont be needed there. they have too many strikers. hes on loan cuz his club dnt want him so its possible

Ritchie Partridge from Sheff Wed?

Just been released and, from what i remember he looked phenominal when on loan at Coventry a few years back.

Worth a punt surely?

Stevealdo said:

Just been released and, from what i remember he looked phenominal when on loan at Coventry a few years back.

Worth a punt surely?

Good call.

sorry about the text chat, i was on the phone typing 1 handed.

Stevealdo said:

Worth a punt surely?
every bloomin year we hear that one-face it if he was any good sheff wed would not of released it-he scored a wonder goal and has done feck all since let it go.

is it me or are the only names that anyone mentions on here injury prone sicknotes. god were becoming the NHS and that is a worry.

drummindefender said:
every bloomin year we hear that one-face it if he was any good sheff wed would not of released it-he scored a wonder goal and has done feck all since let it go.
Sorry, i thought the thread was on who COULD do a job here, which surely means its all opinion. thats my opinion based on what i've seen of him. Who, in your opinion, would you suggest?

lako42 said:
is it me or are the only names that anyone mentions on here injury prone sicknotes. god were becoming the NHS and that is a worry.

maybe that's because they're the only sort of players that are being released at the minute.

Stevealdo said:
Sorry, i thought the thread was on who COULD do a job here, which surely means its all opinion. thats my opinion based on what i've seen of him. Who, in your opinion, would you suggest?
i have no realistic names to suggest at the moment, but im guessing your judging yours on one game

drummindefender said:
i have no realistic names to suggest at the moment, but im guessing your judging yours on one game
I'm sorry but thats what it is, a guess. although i only saw him once in person, every highlights programme i saw him on he looked fast and exciting, capable of that little bit of magic that you don't see in this division. I've got friends who are both cov and liverpool fans, the cov fan still raves about him, whilst the liverpool supporter was surprised they never even offered him an extension to his contract after seeing him in numerous reserve games.
He may not have have set the world alight at sheffield wednesday, but who knows what the circumstances were?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670