Homer's - 'He could do a job' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, he's fecked. It's good of the club to let him use our facilities and all that, but I wouldn't read too much into it TBH.

Real Sharapova said:
Problem is, he's fecked. It's good of the club to let him use our facilities and all that, but I wouldn't read too much into it TBH.

Think thats the deal though, if he does prove himself in training that he may be able to play again then we get first refusal on a pay-as-you-play deal. TBH that would work best all round, so long as we dont end up with him on a 3 year deal to never play again a la Morris!!

Lboro fox said:
Think thats the deal though, if he does prove himself in training that he may be able to play again then we get first refusal on a pay-as-you-play deal. TBH that would work best all round, so long as we dont end up with him on a 3 year deal to never play again a la Morris!!
Can't argue with that, but I really think he's knackered. It's a shame as he had a lot of potential.:frown:

Lboro fox said:

Once bitten and all that, I would have thought the Morris debacle would mean the club would be very cautious before signing any player with previous injury problems, hence the offer of training with the club and the likelihood of a pay as you play. Doubt we would be as nieve to enter into a long term arrangement again without some certainty over fitness.

He will fill a large gap in their squad, though

podgers wont go hull, the pies are crap.

Birchill looked quite useful as a holding midfielder for Trinidad. Certainly looked capable of stepping up a level.

Wonder if it was just raising his game for the eworld Cup, or might he be capable of that on a regular basis.

Stephen Warnock from Liverpool.

Now that they have finalised the signing of Mark Gonzalez as first choice left winger it is rumoured that Benitez will be offloading a number of players including Harry Kewell and Warnock.

We may not be able to buy him but a loan deal maybe possible. He is a left sided defender or midfielder.

What do you think

Melton Fox said:
Are you talking about after our promotion to the Premier League or before?

Was thinking this season to be truthful but im guessing you dont think he would drop down a level which is probably true or that we wont be able to afford him which is also probably true, it was just an idea

Stephen Warnock would be great, but I doubt Liverpool would let him go out on loan, and even if they did there would probably be Prem teams, or higher teams in this league wanting him.

Last edited:
Danielle Dichio from PNE, turn down a move to Brighton after the clubs agree a "five figure" fee. IMO would be an excellent signing, would provide us with a different option from the bench, a more physical striker with a proven record at this level.

Would prove to be an excellent foil to Hume and Fryatt and will provide a dimension to the attack that neither O'Grady nor MDV are able to do. He is also likely to fit into our budget requirements.

Good call :045: although his recent scoring record is pants, but he would provide a different option, and five figures is cheap as chips for a proven player at this level.

Graz said:
but I doubt Liverpool would let him go out on loan

I think they would. They have plenty of left sided players, all better than him. Their 2 new signings, Aurelio and Gonzalez, are both left sided, and they still have players like Riise and Kewell. This means that Warnock is 3rd choice for either position, so a loan move would be the best option for the player. But I think he would go to a better team than ourselves.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
I think they would. They have plenty of left sided players, all better than him. Their 2 new signings, Aurelio and Gonzalez, are both left sided, and they still have players like Riise and Kewell. This means that Warnock is 3rd choice for either position, so a loan move would be the best option for the player. But I think he would go to a better team than ourselves.

He'd go to a Premier club tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670