Homer's - 'He could do a job' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i think all these old players being released aren't what we need, with the exception de zeuw who i think would be a rock in defence despite his age.

Its a long shot but seeing as we have MM now we should be looking more to loaning young players who have experience unlike yeates etc. assuming utd get torres or one of the other top strikers they're being linked with every week - how about rossi?

the newcastle loan didn't work out shows he's probably not quite ready to be a first team regular yet, and he's scored a fair few for Parma. it's unlikely he'll be in Utd's first team next year and a season on loan where ferguson can watch him easilly would be good for him and more importantly he'd be awesome in the championship. all assuming no Italian clubs make a move for him or roy keane!

All a bit of fun really....
Yes I suppose it is. I'm probably being a bit harsh.

I know some people like to go transpotting for fun, I shouldn't really criticise them either. All I want to do is criticise.

Alan(I think) Davies for Yeovil last night was immense, made forest look like children. Would be a good signing IMO

Would Gary Johnson be any good for leicester?

What about Gary Johnson of Bristol City?
Took Yeovil Town up from the Nationwide Conference to league 1 in 3 seasons which is amazing for a club the size of Yeovil.
He has now gained promotion with Bristol City in his first season.
Bristol were bottom when he took over.
He was also manager of latvia for a while.
I think his record speaks for itself!

Re: Would Gary Johnson be any good for leicester?

Bristol City eh? Not quite the high-profile manager many fans seemed to think we deserve. Personally, I don't know enough about him to judge.

gary johnson would be a great manager to get he's always done well where ever he has been in charge so i don't see why not

add him to the list,why not,every other b*gger is on there!

un related, i dont know why but i always want yeovil to win!just something i like about them!

Constantine

I reported last week that we have been talking to him(inside info), i can now report that we are continuing talks but he is also talking to Burnley and Barnsley.
I wonder who is doing the talking on behalf of MM

have i got the wrong place, i swear this forum is set as my homepage.

bloody internet explorer

What about Gary Johnson of Bristol City?
Took Yeovil Town up from the Nationwide Conference to league 1 in 3 seasons which is amazing for a club the size of Yeovil.
He has now gained promotion with Bristol City in his first season.
Bristol were bottom when he took over.
He was also manager of latvia for a while.
I think his record speaks for itself!

Totally agree, if you look at who took this club forward in the last 15 years, you would say Little & O'Neill

Both had proved themselves in the lower leagues (not just 6 months like Ince or Grayson) & therefore knew some of the talent around who could do jobs in the Championship

Re: Constantine

Why would be talking to a player when we have no manager in chare - unless we have a manager lined up and he wants thus guy.

Re: Constantine

MM has already said he is looking at players himself.

He is, after all, our Director of Football... apparently.

Romanov style? Hope not!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670