Hope I'm Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

But I was gutted when we didn't get Mike Newell...... Gutted. Many of you shouted me down and rightly so, RK did a great job in being a terrier and bringing the fight out i the lads; my worry was whether or not he could get a team up and running from a standing start. So far, no good.

Mike Newell on the other hand has bought wisely, lost influential players and still got 6 points out of a possible 6.

I hope I'm wrong, but a defeat at home against Ipswich on Saturday and we're in it. No question. A mate of mine at Wolves last night said Ipswich were a very good passing team, as always. I think we're doomed.

Kelly lacks passion and it shows in his team.I wanted A Manager who really WANTED to be Manager of LCFC and not one who was given it after everybody else turned it down.Hes out of his depth IMO.

how can it work so well at the back end of last season and go completely the other way when the squad is virtually the same???

I am afraid that I am going to have to agree with Alex and H. I am now starting to think that the players reaction last season was more to do with Levein leaving (as others have already stated) and the predictament we were in as oppose to RK's influence. This season we actually look as bad if not slightly worse than we did under Levein.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
I am afraid that I am going to have to agree with Alex and H. I am now starting to think that the players reaction last season was more to do with Levein leaving (as others have already stated) and the predictament we were in as oppose to RK's influence. This season we actually look as bad if not slightly worse than we did under Levein.

quite a few were saying that around me last night...

Yorkshire Vixen said:
how can it work so well at the back end of last season and go completely the other way when the squad is virtually the same???

Last season they were playing for their lives - a Manager left and they had it all to do. Amazing what anyone can do as a leader in that situation.

We had to win games last season and Kelly was pretty much in a no lose situation, if we stayed up he was a hero, if we went down it was all Levein's fault. It was a pressureless situation.

Now it is his team, his preperation and now his fully responsible for what happens on the pitch, if we fail this year there can be no shift of blame, and too be honest with this added pressure he looks sadly out of his depth and like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Has certain similarities to F@#$&*T a couple of years ago when Joe Kinear started as manager and they avoided the drop and then they were crap again the following year and were relegated.

It felt last night like the club is slowly dying, no passion/ability from players, little passion from fans, almost as if no-one can prevent the slide into oblivion and nobody has a clue where the spark is going to come from to get us moving forward.

Absolutely clueless last night, it could have realistically been 3 or 4 : 0. We've lost convincingly in the last two games to what will probably be two mid table teams, one swallow doesn't make a summer but two crap performances make a long hard winter!

Long hard season in front of dwindling attendances me thinks

Cheers!!

I hate to say it but we're following in Forest's footsteps.

The year before their relegation to league one, they were in a relegation battle and sacked the manager. they hired Joe Kenear who then "saved them from relegation" and got them playing semi decent football. their fans were bragging about how the next season they were going to dominate.

but the season started and they were shocking again, sacked Kineear and got relegated with Megson in charge.

it's not looking good but i'm keeping an optimistic view on things.

hopefuly RK knows what he needs to do and will learn as each game passes.

Batto said:
Has certain similarities to F@#$&*T a couple of years ago when Joe Kinear started as manager and they avoided the drop and then they were crap again the following year and were relegated.

:icon_eek: beat me to it :icon_lol:

I am going to give it the Ipswich cov games. If there is no real improvement, then I am afaraid I will not go down for a while until things do improve or there are big changes. I have found it very hard to watch the last two games.....:icon_sad:

I really hope I am wrong, as RK is a really nice guy who is totally committed to the club, but I fear he is out of his depth and has little respect amongst the players.

After two games last season I was quite hopefull as we were playing some quite attractive attacking football which produced goals, yet we still ended up struggling badly.

So far this season I can't see any reason for hope.

I do hope I am wrong.

Spot on 1966, he appears to have lost both the players and the fans already (to which I have to take my hat off to him after only 45 mins of our first home game)

Very rarely is this situation salvageable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673