How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it was on whether or not there was really a post war consensus, or was it really an intertextuality used to justify the supposed radical change when Thatcher came into power

so **** off :icon_wink

A consensus on what and an intertextuality between what?

What is a 'first' by the way? Does that mean good?

was there a consensus between 1945-1979 on government policy ie the welfare state and all that
an intertextuality is where if something is used throughout the literature on the subject enough then it becomes accepted as fact even though this might not necessarily be the case

and a first is the highest mark you can get in university, followed by a 2:1, 2:2, 3rd pass and fail

Actually it was on whether or not there was really a post war consensus, or was it really an intertextuality used to justify the supposed radical change when Thatcher came into power

Thats heavy stuff coming from Birmingham.

I knew someone from Birmingham who went to Uni........

daily as a cleaner.

A first means he got up to 30% of his paper wrong and is very proud of himself! :icon_bigg
its literally impossible to get a 100% in an essay! barely anyone ever gets above 78%

And why do you have such a problem with any form of academic study bg? whether its A level, university or what have you, you feel the need to belittle peoples achievements. Plus what is wrong with the University of Birmingham? its hardly a polytechnic which now has university status, so i don't understand such a snobbish attitude. I don't claim these results to make me any more intelligent then anyone else on this forum i was just pleased with them as i worked damn hard to get them, and know that they weren't just because of dumbing down of the education system.

its literally impossible to get a 100% in an essay! barely anyone ever gets above 78%

And why do you have such a problem with any form of academic study bg? whether its A level, university or what have you, you feel the need to belittle peoples achievements. Plus what is wrong with the University of Birmingham? its hardly a polytechnic which now has university status, so i don't understand such a snobbish attitude. I don't claim these results to make me any more intelligent then anyone else on this forum i was just pleased with them as i worked damn hard to get them, and know that they weren't just because of dumbing down of the education system.

Nothing wrong with Brum Uni. :icon_wink

Unhappy. It's recently been noticed by myself and others that I am beginning to pick up little words and speech patterns from the Cov/Brum accent.

Down't wurry about it Hazz yowll be alroight

At least I am not using Coventry's variation of 'Cob'...'Batch' WTF is that all about, hey?

Or as they say everywhere else in the world outside of Leicester, "Cob??? WTF is that all about?"

Or as they say everywhere else in the world outside of Leicester, "Cob??? WTF is that all about?"

Or as they say everywhere else in the world outside of Spain, "bocadillo??? WTF is that all about?"

They don't say cob in West Yorks, although I'm sure I passed a sandwich shop the other day which was called the 'crusty cob'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711
9Tottenham 710