How Much Is It? I'm a Chisit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should link to a snippet of Matt Piper passing comment on Lloyd Dyer's finishing technique.

Or him talking about how Peter Reid always told him to get crosses into the box.......

Ive been called a chisit by people from many different places other than skeggy.

i thought it was fairly common name for Leics folk?

never heard the term before myself

I've never heard of the term before in relation to people from Leicester but "Emma Chisit" is a very famous Australian, see this.

If something of the Leicester accent has to be 'picked on', I'm surprised it isn't the habit of opening up the vowel at the end the end of words, e.g. Lestoh Citeh.

I've always been aware of the nickname, but never heard it used....probably because its shit

If something of the Leicester accent has to be 'picked on', I'm surprised it isn't the habit of opening up the vowel at the end the end of words, e.g. Lestoh Citeh.

With a depressingly downward inflection.

Why do they have to compare some words with northerners and some with southerners. we're Midlanders and proud of it. English started in the Midlands and quite possibly Leicester according to linguologists.

Why do they have to compare some words with northerners and some with southerners. we're Midlanders and proud of it. English started in the Midlands and quite possibly Leicester according to linguologists.

oooh ya beauteh

English wasn't 'started' in the Midlands, northern Europe if it was started anywhere.

I haven't got a fecking clue what a 'linguologist' is, but I'm pretty sure the dialect that was adopted as Standard English was from the south-east, not the Midlands. I presume that's what you're talking about?

English wasn't 'started' in the Midlands, northern Europe if it was started anywhere.

I haven't got a fecking clue what a 'linguologist' is, but I'm pretty sure the dialect that was adopted as Standard English was from the south-east, not the Midlands. I presume that's what you're talking about?

And I'm pretty sure that you are wrong. :icon_bigg

you don't like the word "linguologist"? thought it sounded pretty good myself. all new words start somewhere.

by the way what "English" do you think I'm talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669