How ridiculous......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home treatment staff, based at Leicester Royal Infirmary, released Ms Montanaro when she sought their help the day before the collision, despite the concerns of psychiatrists, the court heard.

Tends to suggest the system let her down and she might have a genuine case

thats what annoys me in that someone commits murder/rape murder etc and they plead theyre deluded so they get a lighter sentence, dont get me wrong im sure some who commit such crimes are genuinely ill but i bet some use it as an excuse to get a lighter sentence and thats what annoys me

thats what annoys me in that someone commits murder/rape murder etc and they plead theyre deluded so they get a lighter sentence, dont get me wrong im sure some who commit such crimes are genuinely ill but i bet some use it as an excuse to get a lighter sentence and thats what annoys me

No doubt that they do, but in this case the article clearly states that she tried to get help but it wasn't given, despite the concerns of professionals. No in this particular case it isn't ridiculous at all in the context that CF intended, but it is ridiculous in the case that a woman who genuinly thinks she is mentally isn't given the treatment that would have stopped such a tragic event

No doubt that they do, but in this case the article clearly states that she tried to get help but it wasn't given, despite the concerns of professionals. No in this particular case it isn't ridiculous at all in the context that CF intended, but it is ridiculous in the case that a woman who genuinly thinks she is mentally isn't given the treatment that would have stopped such a tragic event

i forgot to add that i didnt necessarily mean this particular case i was just talking in general

A lesson for you all: If you ever do something illegal and get caught for it, tell them you heard voices in your head telling you to do it, or tell them it was satan.

I would strongly advise you against doing something so crass.

You will be sectioned in a secure unit with lots of very dangerous individuals and forced to take powerful drugs that will stop your mind from functioning.

You entire life will be destroyed and if you do manage to convince them that it was a clever scam to get away with your crime then you will face even further charges.

Anybody that thinks that this woman has 'got away' with anything also needs their head examining.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/7363608.stm

This country is pathetic. A lesson for you all: If you ever do something illegal and get caught for it, tell them you heard voices in your head telling you to do it, or tell them it was satan.

Its not a simple as just saying it and everybody believing it.Pyschiatrists,Pyschologists and people who work in mental health aren't all that gullible and they won't just take your word for it.They are mostly very intelligent people and in most cases they will find out if you are 'making it up'.

I think it's a pretty sad story, where this lady has unfortunately been let down even after trying to get help for her mental illness, which has resulted in the tragic deaths of two other people. As Macky suggested, mental illness is not something to be taken lightly.

If they do/did they will eventually be found out in 99% of cases and then when they are exposed will receive a heavier sentence.I agree with you though and these people who try to say they are mentally ill are doing no favours for the others who do have mental health problems

Not for the first time on here I am truly astonished by some people's attitude, and complete lack of understanding, in respect of those with mental health issues

It really is quite incredible

Not for the first time on here I am truly astonished by some people's attitude, and complete lack of understanding, in respect of those with mental health issues

Loonies the lot of then homer,lock them in a padded cell and throw away the key,they are danger to all of us

i hope youre not including me in that :018:

Unbelievable comments

Are you suggesting that she's making it up, and has conned everyone into believing it ?

I (rather stupidly) posted the link and comments after the reading the very short blurb on the Leicestershire bit which just says "A driver who claimed Satan caused her to crash her car killing two people is cleared of causing their deaths."

After the reading the article, it was clear that she was mentally ill as per the bit that Beighton quoted.

It just seems that a lot of people feign mental illness to reduce or even eliminate their sentence these days, as per what YV said.

Homer, I think in society in general there is a lack of understanding of mental health illnesses, so it's not that much of a surprise to find it on the forum.

Seems to me quite possible she may be remanded to a secure unit. If so, that's not exactly "getting away with it". Also note that the jury found her not guilty by reason of insanity in only 15 minutes - seems the evidence was pretty overwhelming she was not in control of what she was doing.

I knew one of the women, not very well, but indirectly. It does not make the family feel any better knowing this. I doubt forgivness will be given either

I (rather stupidly) posted the link and comments after the reading the very short blurb on the Leicestershire bit which just says "A driver who claimed Satan caused her to crash her car killing two people is cleared of causing their deaths."

After the reading the article, it was clear that she was mentally ill as per the bit that Beighton quoted.

It just seems that a lot of people feign mental illness to reduce or even eliminate their sentence these days, as per what YV said.

And they are found out 99% of the time

A rash comment, but fair play for reading through it and understanding the issue a little more.

I'm sure there are numerous individuals who do try and feign mental health issues for their crimes, but as HF and other pointed out, they are more than likely to be found out and hopefully receive an even harsher sentence for their crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46