How ridiculous......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew one of the women, not very well, but indirectly. It does not make the family feel any better knowing this. I doubt forgivness will be given either

Sometimes thinks happen that are tragic and there is not always someone to blame and point the finger at

Not for the first time on here I am truly astonished by some people's attitude, and complete lack of understanding, in respect of those with mental health issues

It really is quite incredible
I think you are attacking the same people as you are defending with this post :icon_bigg

I knew one of the women, not very well, but indirectly. It does not make the family feel any better knowing this. I doubt forgivness will be given either

Would that be any different if she wasn't mentally ill?

So he/she is responsible for the deaths ?:icon_roll Words fail me

I am not saying they are totally responsible for the deaths of those two women, but if they had done the job correctly she would have been having treatment instead of driving down Saffron Lane. Somebody should be held accountable.

I am not saying they are totally responsible for the deaths of those two women, but if they had done the job correctly she would have been having treatment instead of driving down Saffron Lane. Somebody should be held accountable.

i kind of agree with you

Some people who are mentally ill don't want to be treated,short of putting her under section they could not hold her.If she refused treatment she was free to go.

Some people who are mentally ill don't want to be treated,short of putting her under section they could not hold her.If she refused treatment she was free to go.

but in this instance didnt she go looking for help and was turned away??

But she wasn't responsible for her deaths.None of us know the ins and outs of the case only what we read in the Press...which of course will be spot on

the killer was turned away when looking for help, those who turned her away go towards the blame......

now say sorry.:icon_bigg

I know this has kind of been resolved but I would not advise anyone to plead insanity. First of all, whilst the Macnaughten rules have been criticised, it is not as easy to meet the requirements as thought. Secondly, it's an admission of sorts, and if you don't meet the requirements, you are basically pleading guilty. Thirdly, if the jury accepts the insanity plea, rather than serving a finite term, you can be placed into an institution indefinitely (for a charge that is not murder, the judge has some discretion).

It's difficult to know what to say (like BG, I know some of the family, albeit in a small way). My heart goes out to them.

I know this has kind of been resolved but I would not advise anyone to plead insanity. First of all, whilst the Macnaughten rules have been criticised, it is not as easy to meet the requirements as thought. Secondly, it's an admission of sorts, and if you don't meet the requirements, you are basically pleading guilty. Thirdly, if the jury accepts the insanity plea, rather than serving a finite term, you can be placed into an institution indefinitely (for a charge that is not murder, the judge has some discretion).

It's difficult to know what to say (like BG, I know some of the family, albeit in a small way). My heart goes out to them.

One of my old mates years ago walked into the town hall, walked up part of the stairs and threw a few bricks through the stained glass windows there. When the coppers grabbed him he started laughing and said he felt like the SAS. They locked him up in the old nuthouse at Enderby and he was in there for feckin years and years.
If he had been sane, he would have had a fine or a small stretch of bird,

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47