Howard needs a rest....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnsley at home we played without Howard and 80 mins against sheff utd of which 50 of we were by far the better side.

We have better footballers than last season and i feel if we bring tunch in for brown we can play without howard. As Tunch can pass a pass to feet.

I am a fan of howard, but maybe you need a little bit more at this level than he offers, maybe he just needs a goal, this time last year the same things were being said and he went on to get player of the year.

The difference this year we have better alternatives than Dickov in Gallagher, Waghorn and maybe Kermegant(though i can't coment on him).

I know i haven't really made a point in this, but what i was trying to say is that i don't think we are quite as one dimensional as people think, i feel at time we have played some good football to feet this season.

It seems if we don't win a fewgames then the team needs to be reshuffled and players dropped.Perhaps we just aren't as good as people think.We are doing ok,theres no shame in drawing away at Watford,they are a decent team

It seems if we don't win a fewgames then the team needs to be reshuffled and players dropped.Perhaps we just aren't as good as people think.We are doing ok,theres no shame in drawing away at Watford,they are a decent team

There is when you're 2-0 up and in control of the game.

Not really Howard's fault that though is it ?

He had two chances at 2-0 up, H including a header I thought he could have titted in.

I am going to shock a few as people know I am a fan of him but it's time we moved on IMO. A team evolves under a manager, he's losing his impact as teams see through the tactics employed with him upfront and his lack of confidence, subsequent mardies are getting others down. He's being double/triple marked by some teams and he hasn't had a massive hand in most of Fryatt's goals. Methinks it's time for a change....Waghorn was fine at Sheff U with Fryatt and so was Gallacher against Barnsley. We also have this French fella whose done a great impression of Lord Lucan so far.

He had two chances at 2-0 up, H including a header I thought he could have titted in.

I am going to shock a few as people know I am a fan of him but it's time we moved on IMO. A team evolves under a manager, he's losing his impact as teams see through the tactics employed with him upfront and his lack of confidence, subsequent mardies are getting others down. He's being double/triple marked by some teams and he hasn't had a massive hand in most of Fryatt's goals. Methinks it's time for a change....Waghorn was fine at Sheff U with Fryatt and so was Gallacher against Barnsley. We also have this French fella whose done a great impression of Lord Lucan so far.

He's murdered the nanny? That's terrible, he really should be concentrating on his game.

Maybe this is the reason why Fryatt has had the time he has to get in the positions he has?

I still think that without Howard we will struggle for goals from Fryatt, and if we drop them both I can't see Galagher getting as many. Not sure about Waghorn though.

I have noticed in most games this season Howard has at least two men marking him all the time. A tall Centre half and most teams either drop a tall midfield player just in front of him or another defender. This means he gets negated in most of the kicks from our keeper, which last season worked. Most teams in this league have sussed our game plan.

On another note I am very worried after Saturday as we couldn't cope with long direct balls played into our box towards the back post.

Let's hope Nigel can address this otherwise we are going to be bombarded with direct teams thumping it long into our box!!! Oh errrr missus!!:102:

What a strange thread

Our main problem is that we are pissing stupid goals away through truly dreadful defending and woeful marking

It's the useless feckers at the back that need a rest, or a big kick up the arse (or, just maybe, some decent coaching) not the poor bastard at the front

I have noticed in most games this season Howard has at least two men marking him all the time. A tall Centre half and most teams either drop a tall midfield player just in front of him or another defender. This means he gets negated in most of the kicks from our keeper, which last season worked. Most teams in this league have sussed our game plan.

On another note I am very worried after Saturday as we couldn't cope with long direct balls played into our box towards the back post.

Let's hope Nigel can address this otherw*s* we are going to be bombarded with direct teams thumping it long into our box!!! Oh errrr missus!!:102:

But do you not think, as I mentioned earlier, that this might afford Fryatt the space he has to score goals? So if we had Galagher or Waghorn in they would have an extra defender on Fryatt?

But do you not think, as I mentioned earlier, that this might afford Fryatt the space he has to score goals? So if we had Galagher or Waghorn in they would have an extra defender on Fryatt?

We all saw how we played without Howard last season - absolute dogsh*te. He played pretty well on Saturday IMO. Some people are acting as if he scored an own goal hat-trick FFS. If we had any sort of defence at Watford we'd have walked it.

What a strange thread

Our main problem is that we are pissing stupid goals away through truly dreadful defending and woeful marking

It's the useless feckers at the back that need a rest, or a big kick up the arse (or, just maybe, some decent coaching) not the poor bastard at the front

hurrah homey!!!! :038::038::038:

i think the second goal fryatt scored on saturday and the waghorn/n'guessan equaliser are the sort of pieces of football that we don't need Howard for - and the sort of goals that teams like West Brom will win the league scoring.
We should look to play that way.

and i still stick by my assertion that tunch and morrison should be centre and right respectively.......

Howard needs to shut the **** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670