Howard vs Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

Just a thought...

Seeing as Stoke have about 8 players over 7 foot(!) in their side & rely on the long punt, should Steve Howard play?

I was more thinking of set piece defensive duties (of which there will be many) than at the other end of the pitch. Without our best headerer of the ball in Kisnorbo we need as much height in the team as possible.

Playing DJ, Hume, Weslowski, Bell etc. could cost us defensively? Personally I would go with SH, but that's just my opinion.

I'd put the youth team out. At least they will try.

White men can't jump!! There was a film about it.

Delaps throwins are a danger, hope McAuley plays well (his last in a Leicester shirt probably), i would play Howard as he does offer a little muscle (if little else!)

as i've said since day 1, N'Gotty will step up to take a last minute penalty, blast it straight down the middle, bursting the net and giving the child in the front row whiplash and a broken nose, we win 2-1 in an epic last match thriller, all live on Sky Sports 1 and HD 1..........ARRRRRRREEEEEBBBAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited:
I do feel gloomy about this game, so much rides on it and I don't have the confidence in the team to deliver.

But I can't think of anything sweeter than snatching a flukey win that saves us and fecks them. The sight of Tony Pulis bursting a blood vessel as he rants at the ref at full time would be beautiful. Only a dream I know, but at least its not wet.

It would'nt change my thoughts that these are a bunch of tosspots, with no leadership or attitude, but it would ease the pain of an excrutiating season.

Please try very hard City, you owe us big time.

Last edited:
as i've said since day 1, N'Gotty will step up to take a last minute penalty, blast it straight down the middle, bursting the net and giving the child in the front row whiplash and a broken nose, we win 2-1 in an epic last match thriller, all live on Sky Sports 1 and HD 1..........ARRRRRRREEEEEBBBAAAAAAA!!!

Definitely won't happen.

Our match is on Sky Sports 2.

if we worry about stokes tactics then we have lost the game already.

if i was holloway,i would get at them straight away and attack ,especially since we have lost kisnorbo.

they will be on enourmous pressure to deliver, just like we were last saturday,and if the players are up for it?,we can definately beat them

At Sheff United the other week, talking to some of their fans they were raving about Howard and how well he usually plays against them, including one time when he played centre-half for Luton and thwarted Warnocks knock it long and high tactics.

Would prefer it Fatty Howard was playing for Stoke! At 40 years old and starting from row m, i think i could have beat Howard to a through ball last saturday!!

I don't really care how Stoke play this weekend - if we show the same amount of commitment and composure as last Saturday, then we will lose - simple as. If we actually put out a team, they give a sh!t and they actually try to get the ball down and play - we might nick something.

I just hope that Sheffield United put in a great performance, that way nothing depends on our team.

IMHO - I don't think Howard should play for LCFC period, he shows absolutely no passion on the pitch, can't run for sh!t and always appears dis-interested, how he got a hat-trick at WBA is beyond me, was the goal keeper p!ssed or something, at every game I have seen nothing that convinces me that playing Howard on Sunday will be of benefit to our team. If I was as bone idle as him in MY job I would have been sacked weeks ago. Sack the Fat Lazy Tw@t

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670