How's the squad shaping up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

Just taking a look at the squad today, probably short of a keeper, centre half and winger IMO. But not shaping up too badly for the season.

Kasper
Moore
De Laet
Morgan
SSL
Kennedy
Konch
James
Drinkwater
Marshall
Gallagher
Wellens
King
Danns
Dyer
Nugent
Beckford
Futacs
Vardy

This presuming Logan will be nowhere near the squad, Waghorn/Schlupp/Harry P potentially going out on loan, Peltier leaving and Hopper getting limited game time.

Just taking a look at the squad today, probably short of a keeper, centre half and winger IMO. But not shaping up too badly for the season.

Kasper
Moore
De Laet
Morgan
SSL
Kennedy
Konch
James
Drinkwater
Marshall
Gallagher
Wellens
King
Danns
Dyer
Nugent
Beckford
Futacs
Vardy

This presuming Logan will be nowhere near the squad, Waghorn/Schlupp/Harry P potentially going out on loan, Peltier leaving and Hopper getting limited game time.

The Logan that signed a new contract a couple of weeks back?

Yep, that Logan who's appeared less than 50 times in 11 years at Leicester. The one who is constantly sent out on loan because he's deemed not good enough by a succesion of LCFC managers.

Merely squad player at best and not a dependable deputy.

Yep, that Logan who's appeared less than 50 times in 11 years at Leicester. The one who is constantly sent out on loan because he's deemed not good enough by a succesion of LCFC managers.

NP clearly disagrees.

Logan will be on the bench this coming season, and may even get a game when Kasper gets injured or himself foolishly sent off.

Last edited:

How many times has he been on the bench?

Time will tell.

Anyway, like I was saying, it look a decent squad to me - then again, it did to me last year as well...

Not many recently but the reintroduction of 7 subs will at least mean we will be naming a sub keeper this season.

I'd forgotten about that as well. Either Logan or Smith will be the sub 'keeper, with Logan being the most likely choice IMO.

I'd imagine Waghorn will be in and around the squad this season and possibly not see another winger as it seems Vardy will be deployed there though I would like to see another left sided player come in. Dyer can be good and he is definitely worth his place in the squad but he does seem to be a 'form' player and I always like to see someone like him on the bench as he can make even more of an impact more later on.

Definitely agree on the centre back and I could see Pearson bringing a couple in to be honest. One a more accomplished player so to speak and another in like when we got Morisson as you really want 4 imo as I can see DeLaet being RB with Peltier's departure imminent.

I'd love to see someone like Buzsaky come in for that something from nothing spark but the 5 we've got look a decent lot to work with. Hopefully Matty James can provide something like that as he seemed an excellent prospect at Utd but it seems injuries have had the better of him up until now, fingers crossed that's behind him now as coming from Utd he must have some pedigree.

Quite excited about Hinckley now and would be nice if this rain did one before then!

Last edited:
I'd imagine Waghorn will be in and around the squad this season and possibly not see another winger as it seems Vardy will be deployed there though I would like to see another left sided player come in. Dyer can be good and he is definitely worth his place in the squad but he does seem to be a 'form' player and I always like to see someone like him on the bench as he can make even more of an impact more later on.

Definitely agree on the centre back and I could see Pearson bringing a couple in to be honest. One a more accomplished player so to speak and another in like when we got Morisson as you really want 4 imo as I can see DeLaet being RB with Peltier's departure imminent.

I'd love to see someone like Buzsaky come in for that something from nothing spark but the 5 we've got look a decent lot to work with. Hopefully Matty James can provide something like that as he seemed an excellent prospect at Utd but it seems injuries have had the better of him up until now, fingers crossed that's behind him now as coming from Utd he must have some pedigree.

Quite excited about Hinckley now and would be nice if this rain did one before then!

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I keep seeing people say Vardy will be played out left and I'm not sure where people are getting this from? Pearson seems to prefer 2 strikers and 2 wide men, but Vardy played on the left of a 3 striker set up at Fleetwood, not wide left. I can't see him being played in the role Dyer was last year.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I keep seeing people say Vardy will be played out left and I'm not sure where people are getting this from? Pearson seems to prefer 2 strikers and 2 wide men, but Vardy played on the left of a 3 striker set up at Fleetwood, not wide left. I can't see him being played in the role Dyer was last year.

Not sure really now you ask, just a gut instinct I suppose from what I've read though couldn't specify a particular article! :icon_conf

I hope I'm wrong as I hate seeing quick strikers pushed out wide and I agree that Pearson supposedly favours a 4-4-2, but we did see the 4-5-1/4-3-3 quite a bit last year so I think he will keep his options open on that as both can be effective or needed depending how the opposition are set up.

Didn't mean Vardy would just be on the left as I wasn't sure on his favoured side, just I don't see Dyer as a first choice player and I like to see a better player there regularly but he's a great asset to have in the squad.

Does he? I remember him playing a striker or central player on at least 1 wing as a rule.

Does he? I remember him playing a striker or central player on at least 1 wing as a rule.

I know Gallagher has historically been classed as a striker, but he hasn't played there since he joined us really, so I (maybe wrongly) discount him. Plus, didn't Marshal take his place towards the end?

I know Gallagher has historically been classed as a striker, but he hasn't played there since he joined us really, so I (maybe wrongly) discount him. Plus, didn't Marshal take his place towards the end?

Yes, but not usually with Dyer in the team as well I think.

I think Pearson tends just to be play one winger. We did see the 4-5-1/4-3-3 quite a bit when he was here before too, with Fryatt or Waghorn up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669