Post Match Huddersfield 0 Leicester 1

To be honest, I thought it was pretty ****ing woeful. I don't want to be negative but that first half! We haven't played a decent side yet, so I'm not getting carried away. 74 year Warnock and a team that scraped into the division nearly outdid us. Imagine if when we were looking for a new manager someone said Warnock. Well you just wouldn't.
No more staying up late or getting up a stupid O'clock to watch this. I'm recording it, and hitting the >> button!
We haven’t played a decent side because we are in the Championship.

We haven’t played a decent side because we are in the Championship.

This is true.

I watched some highlights from yesterdays matches and, wow, the standard is poor. Defending is basically not really a skill any more.

I really think that the only relevant factors separating the teams in the Championship is an edge in terms of quality, depth of options and team spirit.

We have the quality in place irrespective of what we think of our players compared to previous years. They are better than other clubs have. We also have the depth of options because we can't move players so we have a massive squad.

The missing factor is team spirit and that's really what EM must create. He's instigated a very fixed way of playing and is clearly trying to get a group of the players to buy into it. Feck knows what he's like behind the scenes and how the new support staff are doing but winning really is the best method of developing team spirit. If we win, players are happy.

I look at us and see massive problems everywhere on and off the pitch but, as long as we do what's required in this shambles of a league, we should do well.

I’m not having the moaning. It’s been an excellent start to the season.

The squad is clearly nowhere near where Enzo wants it to be. He’s obviously desperate to offload several of the current lot and bring in others. Unfortunately I doubt the club/Rudkin have the wherewithal to properly support him in that endeavor. He’s completely at the mercy of the clubs transfer competency. It will take at least this entire season to sort out.

We are missing our captain, playing youth prospects in goal and on the wings, and we’ve still managed to win three on the spin and concede 1 goal. We also look miles fitter than I’ve seen us in a long time.

It’s been a much better start than I expected, even if the performances aren’t all the way there yet. I’m confident those will come once the transfer window closes. Until then, he’s doing an excellent job cobbling together the side.

Now we need Rudkin to get off his arse and sort out moves for Soumare, Souttar, Castagne, Iversen and Daka who clearly have no future at the club.

I know it’s expensive but if some are a problem behind the scenes and we can’t get rid of them permanently or on loan we should just pay up their contracts and let them go. If last season has taught us anything at all, it should be that you just cut the cancer out quickly.

I know it’s expensive but if some are a problem behind the scenes and we can’t get rid of them permanently or on loan we should just pay up their contracts and let them go. If last season has taught us anything at all, it should be that you just cut the cancer out quickly.
I completely agree. Get them out as quickly as possible. Castagne, in particular, seems to me to be a player we need out immediately.

Yesterday was typical of what we will encounter for the majority of this season, sides will pack out the middle and will put a defensive block and hope to hit us on the counter account. We will always be vulnerable of the counter as Vestergard has the turning circle of the QE2 and I reckon my 67 year old asthmatic auntie would give him a good run for his money in a sprint race.

The difference between the Prem and the Championship are the strikers, you give the ball away like that in the Prem and you will be punished, not so much in the Championship as most sides are not as clinical. You could see around the 65th minute mark that Huddersfield were absolutely shattered, thankfully Warnock dithered and did not make the changes to continue his press, I think this is how most of this season will play out.

Next two games I believe are Cardiff and Rotherham which will hopefully yield another 6 points and then it is the international break. What is the medical prognosis on Coady, when is he likely to return?

Not too sure who we will keep before the transfer window shuts, Wet Spam are reportedly about to sign Ward Prowse which is a huge loss to them, fingers crossed we keep the majority of our players and can make a few additions.

Score card reads 7 out of 10 thus far, a solid start with lots of room for improvement and growth.

If we can’t move some players that are surplus to requirements and causing issues behind the scenes I suggest we keep them but tell them not to report for training but we still pay them.

That way the impact financially isn’t immediate and we are better off without them “infecting” other players with any negativity.

Yesterday was typical of what we will encounter for the majority of this season, sides will pack out the middle and will put a defensive block and hope to hit us on the counter account. We will always be vulnerable of the counter as Vestergard has the turning circle of the QE2 and I reckon my 67 year old asthmatic auntie would give him a good run for his money in a sprint race.

The difference between the Prem and the Championship are the strikers, you give the ball away like that in the Prem and you will be punished, not so much in the Championship as most sides are not as clinical. You could see around the 65th minute mark that Huddersfield were absolutely shattered, thankfully Warnock dithered and did not make the changes to continue his press, I think this is how most of this season will play out.

Next two games I believe are Cardiff and Rotherham which will hopefully yield another 6 points and then it is the international break. What is the medical prognosis on Coady, when is he likely to return?

Not too sure who we will keep before the transfer window shuts, Wet Spam are reportedly about to sign Ward Prowse which is a huge loss to them, fingers crossed we keep the majority of our players and can make a few additions.

Score card reads 7 out of 10 thus far, a solid start with lots of room for improvement and growth.
I think he’s going to be out for 7 weeks but I can’t for the life of me tell you where I read or heard it.

If we can’t move some players that are surplus to requirements and causing issues behind the scenes I suggest we keep them but tell them not to report for training but we still pay them.

That way the impact financially isn’t immediate and we are better off without them “infecting” other players with any negativity.
Not a bad plan. Basically gardening leave.

If we were to do that (not play them and not allow them to train) rules would come into play that would allow them to become free agents and allow them to move to another club with no fee payable. This might have a negative financial effect.

If we were to do that (not play them and not allow them to train) rules would come into play that would allow them to become free agents and allow them to move to another club with no fee payable. This might have a negative financial effect.
Training ground is plenty big enough to give them a run out without having them in the squad.

Didn’t realise that.

Training ground is plenty big enough to give them a run out without having them in the squad.
I think if they weren't given squad numbers the same would apply. The truth is that you wouldn't really want them anywhere near the training ground; they really need to go.

I think Cov will be up there at the end of the season.
Also, there is a lot of shit sides in this league. If we beat them, we'll be in the mix at the end of the season.
Exactly!

You can only beat the opposition in front of you. I can see it’s gonna be a recurring theme on here all season… “Yes we won but they were crap”… Next March some will still be saying, “But when we come up against a decent team”.

It's some years now since I kept up the 'Card Watch' series of threads. It's not really practical in my present lifestyle. But I can't fail to notice that we already have two players, Dewsbury-Hall and Vestergaard, who are already two-fifths of the way to a totting-up suspension. We had seven bookings altogether in the two games so far. We need to get a grip on this.

There are a total of 14 players in the Championship already on two bookings; both Ipswich and Southampton also have two players on a brace.

It's some years now since I kept up the 'Card Watch' series of threads. It's not really practical in my present lifestyle. But I can't fail to notice that we already have two players, Dewsbury-Hall and Vestergaard, who are already two-fifths of the way to a totting-up suspension. We had seven bookings altogether in the two games so far. We need to get a grip on this.

There are a total of 14 players in the Championship already on two bookings; both Ipswich and Southampton also have two players on a brace.
The new clamp down on desent and time wasting probably the cause of most

Yeh, I get that but in these days of multimillion pound players we simply cannot afford to have old style Cloughy managers (or even BR big heads). As shitty as it sounds, they cost so much, they need to be handled, and their egos massaged, by experts..... I know, I hate it it, but instead of it being a battle of egos, managers get paid enough to "manage" players, and get the best out of them. Think Martin O'Neil and Stan Collymore Vs Roger's and Soyuncu.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563