Post Match Huddersfield 1 - 1 Leicester City FA Cup 4th Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep with hindsight we should have fielded our strongest team. Lesson learned hopefully. If we had picked up an injury or two it would have been down to bad luck rather than bad management. Also shows us that our squad isn't necessarily as strong as people might think..

I'm glad we rescued a draw even though it means an extra game, better that than to lose.

There's no hindsight about it, we should have known before the game. I'm pretty sure most Leicester fans will have agreed before the game kicked off that we should have fielde a better side.

If we field that side it shows Pearson has no care about the cup, which is fine by me this year, so extra games are crap

I'm glad we didn't feel a stronger side and I was there sat through it. I'd sooner we focus all energy on the league and any progress with a weakened team is a benefit.

What did he say for us stuck in Huddersfield?

Said that being injured has been a real bitch. He felt the ball was always landing a couple of yards in front of him today. Thought that the substitutions were great today as the three coming on were much sharper than them going off. Looking forward to playing in a reserve game against Leeds. Looking forward to building up his sharpness off the pitch and is no longer feeling any pain. Said that the changing room used to be full of people moaning and bitching but there's a positive feel now - and that his role in the club is currently to support everyone who is regularly playing. Thought the fans were brilliant and isn't looking for a starting 11 place just yet.

Said that being injured has been a real bitch. He felt the ball was always landing a couple of yards in front of him today. Thought that the substitutions were great today as the three coming on were much sharper than them going off. Looking forward to playing in a reserve game against Leeds. Looking forward to building up his sharpness off the pitch and is no longer feeling any pain. Said that the changing room used to be full of people moaning and bitching but there's a positive feel now - and that his role in the club is currently to support everyone who is regularly playing. Thought the fans were brilliant and isn't looking for a starting 11 place just yet.
Sounds like he has a brain

I'm glad we didn't feel a stronger side and I was there sat through it. I'd sooner we focus all energy on the league and any progress with a weakened team is a benefit.

Well that didn't work did it, because we now have to squeeze an extra feckin game in because we played a small but select collection of duffers

Stupid, blinkered decision

Well that didn't work did it, because we now have to squeeze an extra feckin game in because we played a small but select collection of duffers

Stupid, blinkered decision

No because Wood insisted on scoring. I'd sooner US have won but wouldn't have been overly annoyed had we lost.

Thank **** he's scored in the second half now otherwise we would have to be calling for his head this evening as well as Pearson's.

Happy to be still in the plastic bowl.

Whats all this concentrate on the lge bollox. We will lose before the semi-finals anyway, and we dont have a backlog of fixtures. Surely we can handle 1 or 2 cup games with the incentive of a top prem team awaiting in rd5.

Happy to be still in the plastic bowl.

Whats all this concentrate on the lge bollox. We will lose before the semi-finals anyway, and we dont have a backlog of fixtures. Surely we can handle 1 or 2 cup games with the incentive of a top prem team awaiting in rd5.

We might not have a backlog but 46 games is enough without extras. We'll get minimum income and risk injuring key players affecting our promotion run.

Coming over from the US next week so although we really didn't need another game to play - I needed one to watch. Hopefully on Tuesday night as with playing on Thursday this week, will give maximum recovery time between between both league games.

Thank **** he's scored in the second half now otherwise we would have to be calling for his head this evening as well as Pearson's.
Remember he didn't play in the first half so technically, when he came on, it was his first half. Can we call for his head now?

We might not have a backlog but 46 games is enough without extras. We'll get minimum income and risk injuring key players affecting our promotion run.

We all play 46 games, and you can risk injuries in training . Why minimum income ? A good draw at 5th rd stage will mean nearly 30k and a tv game. If we were about 3 games behind in the lge because of postponments then the point about extra games would be more valid.

well done to the hardcore away fans though, booing at half time and over a hundred sat on the concourse eating pies at 30 minutes. I'm glad these are the ones clamouring for a singing section.

I was seriously considering getting tickets for this game and I'm glad I didn't. If I'd have forked out the money to go to an FA Cup game against a team in the same division and we put out a very weakened side I'd have been absolutely fuming. I have no problems with the fans that were there feeling somewhat aggrieved.

Superb interview with Wellens, it's very rare you hear someone in football be so brutally honest about everything.

Indeed. He will still get slated by the morons but he has gained respect from me for that. He may still prove to be a valuable asset over the final few games, even if it just for his experience on the training ground.

I was seriously considering getting tickets for this game and I'm glad I didn't. If I'd have forked out the money to go to an FA Cup game against a team in the same division and we put out a very weakened side I'd have been absolutely fuming. I have no problems with the fans that were there feeling somewhat aggrieved.

I'd have thought it obvious we would play a weakened team in a cup game when the league is so obviously our focus. Pearson won't get sacked if we go out of the cup, there's a good chance he will if we don't get promoted.

Indeed. He will still get slated by the morons but he has gained respect from me for that. He may still prove to be a valuable asset over the final few games, even if it just for his experience on the training ground.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought his interview was very honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669