Post Match Huddersfield 1 - 1 Leicester City FA Cup 4th Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on BN don't be ****ing silly. I know you love a bit of a moan but now you just look daft.

If you detach yourself from the fact that NP is our manager and you analyse and assess him for the things he supposedly brings to the table, the description of 'idiot' is mild. The only thing he adds to the club is a sound belief in players with hungry attitudes although even this is tempered by his 'obey or I'll humiliate you' drivel. Everything else that is good within the current set up comes from Steve Walsh (the recruitment policy) and the owners (bankrolling said recruitment policy).

I think NP is incompetent tactically and is a pig headed fool and I see evidence of this most weeks. Today's selection, approach, substitutions and attitude when explaining these things after the game, demonstrate this very effectively. It was a barking mad selection. A good manager would never do something so dumb.

I repeat that we're where we are this season despite him, not because of him. Today should have either been about resting players (which he failed to do with the exception of James - who has only just got into the team so shouldn't have needed a rest), or trying to win the game quickly and then take players out. Instead, he picked about the most stupid selection humanly possible and, unsurprisingly, got the most stupid result possible.

Our squad lacks defensive cover so he fails to rest any of the over worked main defenders. He then picks a completely out of form midfield and benches the fledgling forward partnership in favour of strikers in desperate need of confidence (which was never going to come playing in front of that midfield). He then reverts back to three of the players who would have comfortably got a result for him if he'd given them the first hour instead of the last 30 mins. And he ends up with the worst possible result. He didn't know whether he wanted to win or lose and so he did neither. This sort of outcome was on the cards as soon as many saw the team selection, players included.

In more general terms, pretty much anytime that he's come up against a decent opposition, he's been out thought and outclassed. I shudder to think about just how appalling we'd be going into a Premier League campaign with him in charge. He'd be sacked well before Xmas, but not before he'd done enough damage to condemn us to relegation. I just hope that we go up and immediately ditch him back to somewhere like Hull, where he belongs.

And I really mean all that whether you think me daft or completely insane. I'm not fooled into thinking the garden is rosy because we've not lost for a few games against complete horseshit opposition.

I think we've got a number of talented players and the potential to go up and stay up. We've also got owners that might give us a shot at this and a man in charge of recruitment that could give us a terrific chance. I just see NP and CS as riding on the back of this rather than contributing in any meaningful way.

Last edited:
The FA Cup with Budweiser Fifth Round draw will take place immediately after Oldham Athletic v Liverpool on ITV1.

Fifth Round ties will take place on 16 and 17 February.

The draw numbers

1 Luton Town

2 Oldham Athletic or Liverpool

3 Wigan Athletic

4 Blackburn Rovers

5 Barnsley

6 Middlesbrough

7 Millwall

8 Leeds United or Tottenham Hotspur

9 Arsenal

10 Manchester City

11 Manchester United or Fulham

12 Brentford or Chelsea

13 Reading

14 Huddersfield Town or Leicester City

15 Milton Keynes Dons

16 Everton

If you detach yourself from the fact that NP is our manager and you analyse and assess him for the things he supposedly brings to the table, the description of 'idiot' is mild. The only thing he adds to the club is a sound belief in players with hungry attitudes although even this is tempered by his 'obey or I'll humiliate you' drivel. Everything else that is good within the current set up comes from Steve Walsh (the recruitment policy) and the owners (bankrolling said recruitment policy).

I think NP is incompetent tactically and is a pig headed fool and I see evidence of this most weeks. Today's selection, approach, substitutions and attitude when explaining these things after the game, demonstrate this very effectively. It was a barking mad selection. A good manager would never do something so dumb.

I repeat that we're where we are this season despite him, not because of him. Today should have either been about resting players (which he failed to do with the exception of James - who has only just got into the team so shouldn't have needed a rest), or trying to win the game quickly and then take players out. Instead, he picked about the most stupid selection humanly possible and, unsurprisingly, got the most stupid result possible.

Our squad lacks defensive cover so he fails to rest any of the over worked main defenders. He then picks a completely out of form midfield and benches the fledgling forward partnership in favour of strikers in desperate need of confidence (which was never going to come playing in front of that midfield). He then reverts back to three of the players who would have comfortably got a result for him if he'd given them the first hour instead of the last 30 mins. And he ends up with the worst possible result. He didn't know whether he wanted to win or lose and so he did neither. This sort of outcome was on the cards as soon as many saw the team selection, players included.

In more general terms, pretty much anytime that he's come up against a decent opposition, he's been out thought and outclassed. I shudder to think about just how appalling we'd be going into a Premier League campaign with him in charge. He'd be sacked well before Xmas, but not before he'd done enough damage to condemn us to relegation. I just hope that we go up and immediately ditch him back to somewhere like Hull, where he belongs.

And I really mean all that whether you think me daft or completely insane. I'm not fooled into thinking the garden is rosy because we've not lost for a few games against complete horseshit opposition.

I think we've got a number of talented players and the potential to go up and stay up. We've also got owners that might give us a shot at this and a man in charge of recruitment that could give us a terrific chance. I just see NP and CS as riding on the back of this rather than contributing in any meaningful way.
The man in charge for recruitment comes with NP

Last edited:

If we aren't relegated by Feb 1st I'll be amazed.

I don't agree with a lot of it, but a very good and sensible post.

Fwiw, I think NP is a suitable manager for this level, and I think that it's unfair to say that we are where we are despite him. Whilst he's made decisions that I also don't agree with, we're playing some really good football, with a really promising squad and are currently 2nd in a very competitive league (as shown by the failure of teams with arguably stronger squads than ours like Blackburn and Wolves). Whether this is due to his backroom staff, SW, the money, etc, I don't know nor really care; as Blaarev said they all come as a package with NP, so he's instrumental in putting that together.

He's (probably) not the best manager we could have right now, but whilst things are going well on the pitch I couldn't really care less. I certainly feel far more excited and optimistic for our future, and given the mess that was inherited from PS & SGE I think that NP is doing an excellent job.

Would have been excellent management had we nicked a win. Ho hum. Who cares?

No it wouldn't. It was idiotic and stupidly out of character.

Regardless of giving players a run out, it was a terribly inbalanced line-up.

Bad move from Pearson today, and it has cost us with a game we really didnt need.

This is absolutely bang on in terms of what I witnessed today.

So this NP fella has reduced the wage bill, shed a few of the unhappy players, signed a vat of young and hungry players, got us in the automatic promotion spots heading into February, got us playing some of the most expansive football I've seen from us in some time, and he's a ****wit who has lost the plot when he introduces some squad rotation against a team we have pissed all over twice already this season?

You can call his team selection for today questionable, and I'll admit I have had some issues with Pearson's decisions in the past, but to pile on him like that, BN, has the look of a man who can't view things objectively. Nothing personal like, but **** me, you'd moan about Kelly Brooks tits being too soapy if you could.

So this NP fella has reduced the wage bill, shed a few of the unhappy players, signed a vat of young and hungry players, got us in the automatic promotion spots heading into February, got us playing some of the most expansive football I've seen from us in some time, and he's a ****wit who has lost the plot when he introduces some squad rotation against a team we have pissed all over twice already this season?

You can call his team selection for today questionable, and I'll admit I have had some issues with Pearson's decisions in the past, but to pile on him like that, BN, has the look of a man who can't view things objectively. Nothing personal like, but **** me, you'd moan about Kelly Brooks tits being too soapy if you could.

Thanks for saving me a job!

Just to point out.... QPR lost 4-2 at home to a team from League 1. Norwich were dumped out by a non-league team, also at home. Wigan only just scraped by Macclesfield...

A 1-1 draw away against a team who just sacked their manager (which often seems to make players pick it up in the next game) isn't exactly woeful.

Shame we didn't get the job done, and I question Pearson's selection in terms of Futacs probably should've played instead of Vardy/Wellens, but still think he was right to rotate.

When is the draw for the fifth round?

I agree with this post.

Are you BG in disguise? Wow.

If you detach yourself from the fact that NP is our manager .......

It is true that Pearson is guilty of lapses in judgement. That said we are second and playing some good football. :102:

No it wouldn't. - .

Yes it would. Giving a good bulk of our attacking threat a rest and a chance to give the squad players who maybe required a chance to gain some form and fitness. We wouldn't be even having if this debate if we won.

Some people really need to calm down. It's no surprise to see the posters who were calling for Pearsons head come August to sudden come out of the woodwork at the first opportunity to criticise him in months.

Last edited:
Yes it would. Giving a good bulk of our attacking threat a rest and a chance to give the squad players who maybe required a chance to gain some form and fitness. We wouldn't be even having if this debate if we won.

Some people really need to calm down.

Not whilst Pearson is in charge H, he's shit apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669