Post Match Huddersfield 1 - 1 Leicester City FA Cup 4th Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it would. Giving a good bulk of our attacking threat a rest and a chance to give the squad players who maybe required a chance to gain some form and fitness. We wouldn't be even having if this debate if we won.

Some people really need to calm down. It's no surprise to see the posters who were calling for Pearsons head come August to sudden come out of the woodwork at the first opportunity to criticise him in months.

I have not once called for his head and I have also been very positive since xmas in general regarding NP.

Yesterday however, he got it horribly wrong and came out with the one result we really didnt need.

Its all good saying 'if we won' but we didnt, and we didnt look like a team capable of winning anything.

I am merely commenting on the game alone, not the season etc, and it was a mess from lineup to tactics.

He is not beyond criticism either. :icon_wink

No he's not and playing Wellens yesterday was a terrible decision though I don't doubt he had his reasons. Some of our fans were booing at half time, I honestly don't know what would make them happy. We are in a fantastic position thanks to the way Pearson has handled the team and players. Brown nose talks of some sort of humiliation if you don't agree with Pearson; I can only assume he means Beckford and Danns who have both continued to underwhelmed at other clubs. Pearson gets the players playing for each either each game and has tactically chosen teams that have gained enough points to get us second and playoffs at worst. Steve Walsh is a fantastic asset but isn't responsible for the team playing how they are.

Confirmed replay date Tuesday 12th Feb 7.45pm. So Cardiff away is to be rescheduled again, and regardless if we progress or not, Blackburn at home on Saturday 16th Feb will be rescheduled due to their win today at Derby which confirms their place in round 5.

Bit of a fixture pile up starting to take shape.
Cobblers. I booked a cheapish non-refundable hotel room for the Cardiff game, so that dosh is down the toilet. Damn you Chris Wood!

On the bright side, the poor performances from the squad players who came in yesterday might tempt Nige/the owners back into the transfer market to make sure we've got enough in reserve for the rest of the season.

I'm concerned that our good January form might have had made them think we don't need any more additions, but I still think there are areas we look a little short if we were to pick up an injury or two (centre mid especially).

On the bright side, the poor performances from the squad players who came in yesterday might tempt Nige/the owners back into the transfer market to make sure we've got enough in reserve for the rest of the season.

I'm concerned that our good January form might have had made them think we don't need any more additions, but I still think there are areas we look a little short if we were to pick up an injury or two (centre mid especially).

We have a paper thin squad and fixtures building up, a signing or 2 would maybe ease some of the concerns.

Brown Nose has a good point. When Steve Walsh Sr became head of recruitment he and Milan created a team which won League One. The four games we lost that season were down to Nigel's stupidity. The next season Steve Walsh and Milan got us into the playoffs which Nigel lost.

Paulo Sousa was a great improvement on Nigel and I noticed that wherever Leicester City travelled they were welcome visitors. It is true that Sven brought in some prima donnas but just like Maradonna and George Best who they resembled Nigel should have placated Backford and Mills. Certainly Leicester's defence has never been as interesting since Nigel got rid of John Pantsil.

At the moment we are languishing at second in the table. I would point out that under any other Leicester manager of the last ten years we would be top.

Brown Nose has a good point. When Steve Walsh Sr became head of recruitment he and Milan created a team which won League One. The four games we lost that season were down to Nigel's stupidity. The next season Steve Walsh and Milan got us into the playoffs which Nigel lost.

Paulo Sousa was a great improvement on Nigel and I noticed that wherever Leicester City travelled they were welcome visitors. It is true that Sven brought in some prima donnas but just like Maradonna and George Best who they resembled Nigel should have placated Backford and Mills. Certainly Leicester's defence has never been as interesting since Nigel got rid of John Pantsil.

At the moment we are languishing at second in the table. I would point out that under any other Leicester manager of the last ten years we would be top.

I love you Davie wavie

I am sitting here at work bashing out tax returns and wish I was down the pub. However you Sir have brightened up my day no end. My eternal thanks.

Bravo David! Very good.
Here here. I will hold my hands up and admit that I was really beginning to doubt Nigel after the Burton Albion debacle. Since then we have made superb strides and have a great chance of making a challenge for promotion. I would also stick my neck out and say that the current team (not squad) would make a real good fight of it in the Premier.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em - eh, David?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566