Post Match Huddersfield 1:4 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone was excellent.

I really liked what I saw of Soynucu as well.

I'm genuinely. very worried about Tielemans though. If he continues playing like he does we will have the hardest job persuading him to stay. Rather him play well though so long may it continue.

Sign him up - number one transfer target this summer without question.

Last six games under Puel - one point
Six games after Puel was binned - fifteen points
Last six games under Puel - 7 goals
Six games after Puel was binned - 14 goals
Last six games under Puel - 15 conceded
Six games after Puel was binned - 6 conceded

Still its just statistics ain't it?!

It is frightening to say it but I think we would have struggled to beat Huddersfield with Puel at the helm. Thats how poorly he had us set up.

All of a sudden, our pass and move, possession based football has mesmerised the players. They're listening now and making clear improvements. Is this because of the change of manager personality?

'Im genuinely. very worried about Tielemans though. If he continues playing like he does we will have the hardest job persuading him to stay. Rather him play well though so long may it continue.

I know what you're saying and I'm a bit worried too, but I try and console myself with that fact that he looks really happy with us. He, Maddison and Gray look to really enjoy what they're doing - I'm hopeful Tielemans will want that to continue.

All of a sudden, our pass and move, possession based football has mesmerised the players. They're listening now and making clear improvements. Is this because of the change of manager personality?
No, its because the manager is instructing us to play with a higher press and greater tempo - instead of that insipid shit that was being served up previously!

Last six games under Puel - 7 goals
Six games after Puel was binned - 14 goals
Last six games under Puel - 15 conceded
Six games after Puel was binned - 6 conceded

Still its just statistics ain't it?!

Absolutely, already looking forward to next season where we should get 90 points .... as long as we don’t play any of the top six.

Absolutely, already looking forward to next season where we should get 90 points .... as long as we don’t play any of the top six.

The point that many were making was that we were a better team than he was making us, and that we had the players to roll over these kind of teams. Yet we weren’t doing so, and were some way off doing so. So the results have justified the decision IMO

Nobody could argue that his approach had started to give us better outcomes against th big teams and that will be Brendan’s next challenge.

Mesmerised doesn't make sense. You probably mean galvanised.

Lots of good performances but I thought Maddison had a really excellent game. Thought he was the best of our midfield (even with Youri there).

Tielemans is unreal.

I think ricardo has been our player of the season. He’s ****ing ace and goes under the radar a bit.

Hamer’s performance was absolutely appalling.

Like a game of FIFA or pro-evo, except instead of your grandad playing, someone decent now has the controller.

Didn't watch but listened to "Strings" and "Pipes". Sounded like a stroll, honestly.

Is Stringers new favourite word "recycling"? He must have used it (or a variation) at least ten times.

Is Stringers new favourite word "recycling"? He must have used it (or a variation) at least ten times.
He does have certain words he favours and that’s one he uses a fair bit. A while back he got weirdly attached to “bimbling” for about 4 weeks.

I still stand by the fact that Soyuncu got nothing of the ball. The angle from behind shows that clearly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363