Pre Match Huddersfield v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see them scoring tonight so just a question whether we can take one of the many chances we are likely to create. Of course Moore for De Laet and would like to see King for James as a positive move. Schlupp back on the bench to give some cover at full back. Hopefully 2-0 tonight and a move up the table - Nugent and King.

Any suggestions for where to go for pre match drinkies?
I can't make it tonight, but if you fancy a real ale, The Head of Steam ( on the station platform ) is very good. I also believe a couple of friends might be giving the Rat and Ratchet a go as well.

Watford turned them over at home and so can we.

For what it's worth I'm expecting a draw which wouldn't be the worst result but there is no team in this division that we should be fearing at all this season. Huddersfield have a good squad this year and I expect them to do well but we're on good form too.

I don't expect changes, possibly James out, which I think most of us would take nicely. 1-1.

Watford turned them over at home and so can we.

For what it's worth I'm expecting a draw which wouldn't be the worst result but there is no team in this division that we should be fearing at all this season. Huddersfield have a good squad this year and I expect them to do well but we're on good form too.

I don't expect changes, possibly James out, which I think most of us would take nicely. 1-1.
I would keep James in. At the moment he provides some solidity in midfield. King, being a rather different player, gives the team options going forward, but that can at times leave the midfield outnumbered.

Can't see them scoring tonight so just a question whether we can take one of the many chances we are likely to create. Of course Moore for De Laet and would like to see King for James as a positive move. Schlupp back on the bench to give some cover at full back. Hopefully 2-0 tonight and a move up the table - Nugent and King.

Spot on apart from cant see them scoring - nearly everyone scores against us

Watch the foxes strike fire tonight

1-4 -St Ledg, Nugent x2, Marshall.

it is one of those games where every time we go forward you have that feeling something is going to happen.!!

If we do win.... (with our home form in mind for Saturday)...then the possibilities of this season are unreal.

After eight games? :icon_conf

Really enjoying the optimistic buzz at the moment. Far cry from a few weeks ago. I predicted us to win at boro I think we are more than capable of doing it again.

After eight games? :icon_conf

Considering that some people (I thought you included, but I might be wrong and can't be bothered to check) wanted Pearson out 2/3 games ago and some were even saying we'd get relegated, I don't think Kingy is getting carried away by just saying the possibilities for this season are good.

I'm with Kingy though, winning 4 games in a row in this league would be very impressive, and that's pretty much my whole reason for thinking it will be a draw tonight.

Last edited:
We found Huddersfield hard to break down in the season opener, pretty big team.
Frankly, we were lucky. The Gerrard lad may have had a point to prove in the same way Vaughan might tonight.

Blackpool took a hiding off them, and a win for you would be amazing.

Really enjoying the optimistic buzz at the moment. Far cry from a few weeks ago. I predicted us to win at boro I think we are more than capable of doing it again.

Don't get too carried away, the excitable morons will soon change their minds if we lose 2 games.

We will (in their book) be totally doomed yet again. Unless we win every single game between tonight and the end of the season there will always be some nobhead changing their opionion every single week.

Don't get too carried away, the excitable morons will soon change their minds if we lose 2 games.

We will (in their book) be totally doomed yet again. Unless we win every single game between tonight and the end of the season there will always be some nobhead changing their opionion every single week.

Don't forget we need to get that 30 goals a season striker too otherwise all these wins will be in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669