Hull: Pearson watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson has been taking to hospital

From BBC live text:

1241: Some worrying news reaching me - apparently Hull City's manager Nigel Pearson has been admitted to hospital for tests after complaining of feeling unwell yesterday. He had been due to take the city squad to Doncaster Rovers for this afternoon's Championship game, but his place will be taken by his deputy Craig Shakespeare now instead. Here's hoping all is well for you, Nigel.

Hopefully nothing serious!

Last edited:
Something definitely ain't right here, this is such a similar situation to when Redknapp walked out on Pompey. I don't know why but given the fact that Pearson does not seem happy to be at Hull and Sosua's position is going to be under a certain amount of scrutiny I have a strange feeling that Pearson will be back as our manager in the none too distant.

Something definitely ain't right here, this is such a similar situation to when Redknapp walked out on Pompey. I don't know why but given the fact that Pearson does not seem happy to be at Hull and Sosua's position is going to be under a certain amount of scrutiny I have a strange feeling that Pearson will be back as our manager in the none too distant.

I've thought the same.... but it's probably wishful thinking.

I certainly wouldn't be suprised to see Pearson leave Hull soon though, perhaps citing health reasons.
Is there any update on how he is?

Last edited:
:icon_lol:

2325920887_b206236832.jpg

Well, what the feck was Pearson thinking going to manage this bag of shite. Absolutely nothing to offer. No speed, no power, no clue.
Our reserves comfortably beat them 2-0 today and they never looked like getting close. No Jay, Bellamy or Chopra and we've eased past them.
If you lot have indifferent results between now and the middle of October, this game should tell you where you are. Anything less than a victory and I'd have grave concerns.

Pearson would be wrong to come back while Milan is at the club. The business with Sousa at the Cardiff game was IMO unforgivable. Much as I regret Pearson leaving I believe he was quite right. If Mandaric thought it would pressure Pearson into signing a new contract it was a bad error of judgement and not Milan's first.

How can they be secret talks if the BBC know about them.

They know about them but they don't know what is being said and by whom - that's the secret part.

In much the same way we have a secret owner; we know he's there (I think), but we don't know who he is.

TBH I feel that this was the wrong job at the wrong time for Pearson. Everyone knows he should still have been here this season etc (BUT we won't go into that!). I expect he will be succesful in the next job he goes into, but it just doesn't look like it's going to happen for him at Hull.

If Hull lose badly to Scunthorpe this weekend could Nigel get some protests similar to the one here I wonder ( see towards end of the video) or is this type of thing a thing of the past. Although a previous Hull manager perhaps saw this video to inspire his half time pitch teamtalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670