Hume - fractured skull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: News of those we once loved (and Melton hated)

Bloody hell. Hope he pulls through.

Bit of a headless chicken but I wish him well.

That could be misconstrued as a very insensitive comment!

Get well soon HHHHUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Very unfortunate, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Unfortunate news. I'm sure we all wish him well.

A bit sour about him leaving the way he did but would never wish the lad any harm.

Get well soon Iain.

It's very sad news. I was a Hume fan, I admit it, because he was always willing to put himself into dangerous situations for us. His heart was in the game, and his body followed.

I wish him all the very best. Surely one of you Stattos can come up with the last time a footballer had a fractured skull, and the outcome?

Let's hope for total recovery. As someone on the edges of neuroscience, I kind of doubt, with great regret, that he'll play again, professionally. I hope I'm wrong.

Andy D'Urso should be struck off.

He should be ok to continue playing football but possibly not until next season. Peter Cech had a similar serious injury and now he dons that famous headgear although he is not required to wear it, he says he feels more safe wearing it since the injury. So Hume should be ok as it sounds, although still serious, not as bad as Cech's injury. I wouldn't like to comment on the ref's decision as I haven't seen any footage an it may have just been an unfortunate accident without any intent. Get well soon Hume

He should be ok to continue playing football but possibly not until next season. Peter Cech had a similar serious injury and now he dons that famous headgear although he is not required to wear it, he says he feels more safe wearing it since the injury. So Hume should be ok as it sounds, although still serious, not as bad as Cech's injury. I wouldn't like to comment on the ref's decision as I haven't seen any footage an it may have just been an unfortunate accident without any intent. Get well soon Hume

and how do you know it's not as serious as Cechs injury?

Cech had a depressed skull fracture which is very serious, basically meant that he had a dent in his skull. I wasn't saying that Hume's wasn't worse I was just saying from the BBC article it 'seems' and I hope that it isn't as there was no mention of a depressed fracture. Even if it is as bad as Cech's was the likelihood is he will be able to continue playing. As before best wishes and get well soon Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566