Hume to Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bother?

This time next year you will be able to buy Iain Hume for £175, and the shirt will be thrown in for nowt.

This time next year there will be hundreds of BM threads about resigning Hume after his team is relegated again, I can't wait.

well done humee - here I was thinking that he had left us in the lurch - clearing off to that massive club Barnsley to further his career and get a massive increase in his wages plus the full house signs going up for every home game when all along he was only doing it for us - cheers mate the 1.2mill we got for you will definitely go towards getting us promoted and into the champions league inside three years and enable us to buy players like Ronaldo Torres etc - w**ker -

I fail to see why anyone would expect Scottish-born Canadian international Iain Hume to have a particular affinity with Leicester City. Sure, we paid his wages for a while and cheered when he launched another shot into Row Z, but I'm sure they did that at Tranmere as well, and will at Barnsley, too.

It's ridiculous to expect life-long devotion from each player, especially when they are from the other side of the world. When was the last player to stay at City more than a few years? Or anywhere, really. The likes of Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Steve Bull are rare indeed.

At least Hume gave effort and looked like he had a bit of pride in his own performance, and for that he goes away with my thanks and best wishes. Can't ask for more these days IMO (other than be a bit better at football)

Perhaps I come from a different era - When I started going to matches with me dad in the sixties there was a lot of loyalty shown by players but in this age of don't give a f**k about anybody but me self I suppose Ive come to realize what i've known for a few years now and that is the players are just in it for the cash - So when we sign a couple of players next week I wont get excited if they are any good cos' I know that it will only be a stopping off place for greener pastures

I fail to see why anyone would expect Scottish-born Canadian international Iain Hume to have a particular affinity with Leicester City. Sure, we paid his wages for a while and cheered when he launched another shot into Row Z, but I'm sure they did that at Tranmere as well, and will at Barnsley, too.

It's ridiculous to expect life-long devotion from each player, especially when they are from the other side of the world. When was the last player to stay at City more than a few years? Or anywhere, really. The likes of Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Steve Bull are rare indeed.

At least Hume gave effort and looked like he had a bit of pride in his own performance, and for that he goes away with my thanks and best wishes. Can't ask for more these days IMO (other than be a bit better at football)

Muzzy?

Perhaps I come from a different era - When I started going to matches with me dad in the sixties there was a lot of loyalty shown by players but in this age of don't give a f**k about anybody but me self I suppose Ive come to realize what i've known for a few years now and that is the players are just in it for the cash - So when we sign a couple of players next week I wont get excited if they are any good cos' I know that it will only be a stopping off place for greener pastures
It's not just football, though, it's life in general. So I don't think the players are greedy as such, just products of their generation.

There used to be such a thing as a job for life and in return the employer could expect plenty of loyalty. In the modern workplace where people change jobs every couple of years loyalty is increasingly seen as naivety, a weakness even - he won't leave because he's loyal, so we don't have to give him a pay rise, whereas this other guy has already said he'll leave unless we give him more money, so he gets the rise.

Relate it back to football, and the player that says "I'm staying here no matter who else comes in for me" will these days be labeled by everyone apart from that club's fans as unambitious, in a comfort zone.

It's all bollocks, really.

Maybe, but what loyalty were the players shown by the clubs in these good old days?

Most were sold at the drop of a hat without consultation, dropped like a sack of spuds when injured, paid a maximum wage which might leave them enough to buy a pub after 15 years of work, and were generally left crippled and in poverty in their early 30s.

I prefer how things are now thanks.

Did you se Hume was sent off against covscum on saturday ? Had a mare of a game and ended up nearly snapping one of their players in 2 with a two footed challenge. Cov fans were on his case from the 1st minute calling him W*nker and Leicester reject, and it eventually got to him.

Do the Covscum actually sing load enough to be heard?

Wasn't the case when I went to the Ricoh last season. Looks like they had a few problems filling their seats.

Maybe, but what loyalty were the players shown by the clubs in these good old days?

Most were sold at the drop of a hat without consultation, dropped like a sack of spuds when injured, paid a maximum wage which might leave them enough to buy a pub after 15 years of work, and were generally left crippled and in poverty in their early 30s.

I prefer how things are now thanks.

A fine line between the 2 would be a better solution. Supply and demand, paying the going rate etc, but wages for some are over inflated.
David Bell, at 19, at Luton was on £6k a week.
No wonder some clubs are in difficulty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00