I am the only one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's done me. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the sheer stupidity of that statement.

it's your general attitude that did it, that was just one of the comments that annoyed me.

im seriously leaving this now.

it's your general attitude that did it, that was just one of the comments that annoyed me.

Please explain which comment annoyed you as I'm not quite sure myself. I then might be able to understand your POV

I my eyes its about time they charged the parents with neglect. From what I ahve been told its against the law in Portugal to leave children unattended.

I my eyes its about time they charged the parents with neglect. From what I ahve been told its against the law in Portugal to leave children unattended.

it is BG same law as our ,your not aloud to leave kids on there own till they are 16 yrs old

what me and Mrs newton have said is that when you go on holiday you must not leave valuables in your room ,so they didnt think there kids where that valuable did they :icon_evil ,plus who in there right mind would leave 3 kids in a room on there own while you go out FFS

there are posters all over the place out there ,anywhere you went people where talkiing and looking around for her ,i hope they find her or she not in any pain if them sickos have got her :icon_evil

it is BG same law as our ,your not aloud to leave kids on there own till they are 16 yrs old

There's no such law in this country.

From the NSPCC site:

There is no UK law stating the age at which a child can be left at home alone. However, parents can be prosecuted for wilful neglect if they leave a child alone or unsupervised "in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to health" (Children and Young Persons Act 1933).

There's no such law in this country.

From the NSPCC site:

There is no UK law stating the age at which a child can be left at home alone. However, parents can be prosecuted for wilful neglect if they leave a child alone or unsupervised "in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to health" (Children and Young Persons Act 1933).

so why do people get done for leaving their kids at home then jeff :102::102:

I would have thought most high and senior school children are alone when they get home from school. My 16 year old has been babysitting other people's children for about 2 years and that seems standard.

I do feel terribly sorry for this family. You wouldn't wish it on anyone. But the feeling in my office and with my friends was incredulity that they had gone out to eat (and this wasn't the first time according to one report) leaving these children alone. If a child wakes up in a strange place then waiting for up to half an hour for a parent to check up on them would seem like a life time. It just seems that anyone who voiced such opinions was accused of being uncaring.

I was also amazed that they then left the twins to fly around Europe. Even if they were in the safe care of relatives I'm fairly certain after what had happened I wouldn't have been letting my other children out of my sight.

I'm not sure what good would now come out of prosecuting them. No punishment would be worse than what they're going through. Would it be a deterrent to others? It would probably end up punishing their other children.

At the end of the day the person you have to feel most sorry for is Madeleine.

I would have thought most high and senior school children are alone when they get home from school. My 16 year old has been babysitting other people's children for about 2 years and that seems standard.

I do feel terribly sorry for this family. You wouldn't wish it on anyone. But the feeling in my office and with my friends was incredulity that they had gone out to eat (and this wasn't the first time according to one report) leaving these children alone. If a child wakes up in a strange place then waiting for up to half an hour for a parent to check up on them would seem like a life time. It just seems that anyone who voiced such opinions was accused of being uncaring.

I was also amazed that they then left the twins to fly around Europe. Even if they were in the safe care of relatives I'm fairly certain after what had happened I wouldn't have been letting my other children out of my sight.

I'm not sure what good would now come out of prosecuting them. No punishment would be worse than what they're going through. Would it be a deterrent to others? It would probably end up punishing their other children.

At the end of the day the person you have to feel most sorry for is Madeleine.

but I am afraid they should be brought to justice for what they have done. As for being a deterrent, common sense should tell you not to leave your children on their own, in another country of all places!!!

People are stating their opinion. Pity you aren't willing to stay around and give yours.

People are stating their opinion. Pity you aren't willing to stay around and give yours.

simply because i come on here for entertainment and dont want to gain it at the expense of a lost little girl.

i dont mind other people talking about it, just saying i dont want a full scale convo on the subject.

Last edited:
simply because i come on here for entertainment and dont want to gain it at the expense of a lost little girl.

i dont mind other people talking about it, just saying i dont want a full scale convo on the subject.

Nobody is gaining entertainment from it. If you don't want a full scaleconversation on it then don't come into a thread dedicated to it, post a stupid thread critising everyone else and then just wander off.

If they really left their kids alone in their apartment then you have to say they got what was coming to them. I don't want to come across the cold-hearted bastard but I'd be very surprised if they found her alive and I'd wager that's what everyone else is thinking as well..

If they really left their kids alone in their apartment then you have to say they got what was coming to them. I don't want to come across the cold-hearted bastard but I'd be very surprised if they found her alive and I'd wager that's what everyone else is thinking as well..

One of my customers, a police officer, made a very interesting statement, a few weeks ago. i was reluctant to post at the time.

He said that all the publicity was the worst thing for maddy's well being. whoever had her, isn't going to risk being caught with her, (and with worldwide attention, it is much more likely) and they can't just hand her in. I don't like what that amounts to, but it makes sense.

One of my customers, a police officer, made a very interesting statement, a few weeks ago. i was reluctant to post at the time.

He said that all the publicity was the worst thing for maddy's well being. whoever had her, isn't going to risk being caught with her, (and with worldwide attention, it is much more likely) and they can't just hand her in. I don't like what that amounts to, but it makes sense.

What I was thinking a few weeks ago, the Police are bound to be tentiative in naming a suspect.

I had a similar thought when they announced that they had suspicions about that English guy who lived close by. If he had got her surely it would have been better to have kept quiet and just kept him under surveillance. Instead all the press followed him to his house (thus destroying any evidence there might have been) and ensuring if he did have her locked away somewhere that there was no chance of him going to her. I just didn't understand it.

I think this is probably an indirect reference to the Ian Huntley/Soham events. As I understand it, Plod thinks the girls were alive until it turned into a major TV event, which made Huntley panic and murder them.

Who knows? Plod are more than happy to lie to excuse their own incompetence. But it's probably true that if you ramp up the repercussions of kiddy-fiddling until it's seen as a worse crime than murder, you're going to see more paedophiles commit murder.

which makes the portugese way of handling the case better than ours, because if it was upto the portugese police no info would be leaked.

i know lots of people who slagged off the portugese way of handling the information, just proves that these people were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566