I await...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

the reaction of the fickle fans. After reading this forum and another rival forum for the last few days I have been cringing. I understand the optimism after the result against coventry but some people are building Levein up too much. After any manager begins there is always going to be an initial improvement in performance. Afterall the players are all playing for their places again. I think the true test will be after about ten games.

i agree, one win against a poor team and the world expects...
stay up this season and look at the 2005/6 campaign as the way forward.

The thing is beating cov is bigger than you think, cos before that we were playing shit teams and drawing and losing against them...Crewe, Brighton, Cardiff, so to play a shit team and win is what we should be doing! We lost today but i went away from the game feeling confident, playing a top 4 side and matching them in all areas....the main thing was that our heads didn't go down after we conceeded.....i can't believe some people booed at the final whistle...knob heads!

Agreed - what knobheads - we lose so let's boo.

Ok wasn't the greatest of performances yet still a lot better than the rest of the season.

First time in a while I've left the ground feeling optimistic even though we lost. In an ideal world we should be beating teams like sunderland, but they are top 4 and while not pretty to watch were a hard team to beat last season with a strong defence.

Fans have got to realise that CL needs time to sort out the team and that might meant this is a season of consolidation - which means making the playoffs if we're lucky but more likely a mid time finish.

Interesting to see who he brings in during January.

definitely... even tho we lost, it was nice to see a team of players (and manager+coaches) trying hard and putting the effort in. Frustrating indeed it was, as we had so many chances, but we didnt have the best of luck to the 2nd balls today... as long as the players put the effort in, u can't fault them.

I'm still optimistic that we can reach the play-offs at least.We lack options IMO,need 1 or 2 on loan Matt Jansen would be good and another right sided player.I know we are seven points off 6th but theres 27 more matches..its a bit early to be writing the season off.There are no world beaters in this League,look at Wigan..one injury and they lose 2 on the bounce.At least we are improving just need to replace Pressman quickly.

:? I didn't hear any booing...was there some? More fool them. Under Micky we'd have crumbled after that first goal and let in a few more.

Leigh said:
:? I didn't hear any booing...was there some? More fool them. Under Micky we'd have crumbled after that first goal and let in a few more.

This result just emphasises how much we have needed Levein.
City are a strictly limited outfit as has been emphasised on countless occasions.
It was the illogical start-of-season optimism and the predictions of "championship favourites", particularly from pressmen who should have known better, which left me gasping.
Just as I said of Coventry, this club has been in need of a footballing enema and Levein, I am sure, is the man to give it one.
It's not just Pieman, who seems to be main man for the blame just now. How many goals have our strikers scored this season?. We had two centre-backs who failed to defend today's cross as well as Pieman. How many goals have our wingers scored? How many clean sheets have we enjoyed?
Think of the "nearly" games we have had this season and it is obvious the little things, including the little lapses of concentration by Pieman and others too, that have had dire consequences.
It Levein achieves the unlikely this season and gets us up it will be a huge achievement. But as I said pre-Adams departure, it is most important that we build something strong and we build something lasting at City.
If it takes time, so what. The enema will only clear the system. Refuelling with footballing goodies will take longer. Now really is the time to have faith.

Leigh said:

Yeah there was a few boo's in the south stand at the end which was quickly drowned out by other fans clapping

Wilson said:
Leigh said:

Yeah there was a few boo's in the south stand at the end which was quickly drowned out by other fans clapping

Shocking. No doubt by fans who didn't turn up on Monday....

i still think we should finish in the top 4 or 5. the wage bill justifies this position. anything less is an under-achievement.

support the team 100% on the pitch but if things are going wrong the fans deserve their say...

SamJ

Yes but we also need to be paitent, CL has come in and already identified areas that need improvement, but remember that he is working with a very limited budget and also working with a squadful of another managers players.

He has come in and already made dramatic changes to the way we approach matches, both in personnel and tactically, he has also changed the set up of the club, removing the Director of Football.

We will do very well IMO to reach the play offs, as at present, we clearly do not have the squad or the consistency to do this. There are going to be days like today, when things dont click quite as well, that will happen whilst CL is still trying to stamp his authority and playing style on this squad. But the main thing is if we can see improvement and can come away from the ground, regardless of the result, with optimism and feel the team gave it everything, then we know we are on the right road, the quality and consistency will come in time. Rome wasnt built in a day.

10 games, pfft! Remeber that Martin O'Neill needed more than that to start to change things...and he had some money.

Levein will need a lot longer than that to build a team. What we have at the moment are a collection of uncommitted, old men. Be patient folks...Rome wasn't built in a day! Levein has a least got them playing a bit of football, but he will need more than two weeks to make Leicester his team. Lets give him that time before judging him...I for one will reserve any judgement until the start of next season...anthing we get out of this one (with the passengers we are carrying) will be a bonus.

I would even accept us not getting an automatic promotion spot next season...if it means that we are the first team to get promoted at the new Wembley...come on, what could be better than that!

Up the foxes... :)

SamuearlJackson said:
i still think we should finish in the top 4 or 5. the wage bill justifies this position. anything less is an under-achievement.

support the team 100% on the pitch but if things are going wrong the fans deserve their say...

SamJ

:shock: :?

The wage bill comment would be valid if Micky was still in charge but he's not. These aren't Levein's players, the wage bill is nothing to do with him. It is not his fault who Micky brought in and what he decided to pay them, I think we all see now the big mistakes Micky made with his preference for older players (who inevitably would be paid higher wages).

If not for Pressman's error we would have had a point yesterday, and a clean sheet, against a Sunderland side who have been performing recently. Hardly something to boo about.

Levein has been in charge for 14 days and already he has gotten rid of the two things Micky couldn't solve in 2 years, constant hoofing and not playing till the final whistle.

Sure if we don't win again after another 15 games, then start voicing your disappointment but if you really think that it is alright for some people to boo after Levein has had 3 games in charge then you need a dose of reality.

A draw, a win and a defeat. Maybe Levein wanted this so that he can show the dressing room his reactions to each different result. I'm pretty sure he gets angry like the Incredible Hulk when we lose (or draw). Now the players have seen his reactions I expect them to put that extra bit of effort in so that they don't have to see his green side again. :twisted:

Theres a story, don't know how true it is ,of Craig Levein breaking his hand after thumping a wall after Hearts getting beat in a SPL match.I'm still optimistic.

Which ever way you look at it, there has been a vast improvment in the way we are playing, and as said Levein has ONLY been in charge for forteen days. Levein may not get us back up this season. but I am confident he will get us back up next season.
Which is more than I could say two months ago.

But a lot of people were confident that Micky Adams could get us up this season which didn't happen. I don't see how you can say about Levein only being here 14 days and then say that you are confident he'll get us up next season. It's a bit of a contradiction.

Joe_Fox said:
But a lot of people were confident that Micky Adams could get us up this season which didn't happen. I don't see how you can say about Levein only being here 14 days and then say that you are confident he'll get us up next season. It's a bit of a contradiction.

Only a contradiction if you are prepared to overlook the bleeding obvious. :roll:

Not a contradiction, I dont think levien has been here long enough to sort out the problems, He needs some other players to do that, but I do think he has the determination to succeed and has the brains to see what is wrong and put it right.
IMO if Levien had the money to buy in the players he wants he would get us promoted this season. but he wont have any cash to spend untill the end of season. so will have to be patiant and wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669