I have fallen out of love with the Foxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a rather long winded way to say football is no longer a sport but a business though if he's only just worked that out then God knows where he has been for the past 5-10 years!!

Seems a rather long winded way to say football is no longer a sport but a business though if he's only just worked that out then God knows where he has been for the past 5-10 years!!

I'm not sure if that is what he is saying, you could be correct though. My interpretation of it is ramblings of a disgruntled groupie who no longer has access to the 'benefits' he longs for.

This highlights exactly why the Mercury's parent company can no longer be considered a credible news outlet, if it ever could. The decision to allow any no-mark to post articles on a news outlet site is irresponsible and makes a mockery of the mockery.

This highlights exactly why the Mercury's parent company can no longer be considered a credible news outlet, if it ever could. The decision to allow any no-mark to post articles on a news outlet site is irresponsible and makes a mockery of the mockery.

It was a letter to the paper. The mercury have been printing such ramblings for many years.

From the Leicester Mercury. Does anyone understand or empathise with it? I don't!

"I read in your paper about how TV makes it hard for fans nowadays.

Yes, it is true, but I believe the club should also give more help to fans on live TV match days. They get more monies from live TV games and still expect fans to turn up.
All clubs are going the same way. They pay lip service to the fans, but cannot live without the TV monies.."

There is a great mis-conception here.

Clubs in the Championship do not receive a huge match fee for live games & the gates for live games are normally around 2,000 lighter than if they hadn't been televised, so the club can lose money for TV games. There is nothing LCFC can do to refuse TV coverage of any League game, it's part of the contract that Sky can choose whatever they want.

I know of at least 2 occasions in recent years, where the club was as unhappy as any fan who missed the game because of a date switch, in both cases the club lost significant revenue in both general sales & corporate areas because of the revised math time

There is a great mis-conception here.

Clubs in the Championship do not receive a huge match fee for live games & the gates for live games are normally around 2,000 lighter than if they hadn't been televised, so the club can lose money for TV games. There is nothing LCFC can do to refuse TV coverage of any League game, it's part of the contract that Sky can choose whatever they want.

I know of at least 2 occasions in recent years, where the club was as unhappy as any fan who missed the game because of a date switch, in both cases the club lost significant revenue in both general sales & corporate areas because of the revised math time

Yeah, but they still get the monies. It's perfectly legitimate sir

It may be heresy but I think the club is better organised than it was in the 1970s and 1980s. The times I have been to the ticket office they have been friendly, efficient and helpful. It may be true that the old time football directors cared about the fans but I never saw any sign of it. As for the old time football pitches how ridiculous that a footballing genius like Stanley Matthews should have to play on mud.

One good point he makes is that there is less contact with the players. I can remember a friend shouting "Oh Lenny" at a bad cross and Glover hearing turned round and said "Sorry". I have never been sure whether it is true or not that the Birch cadged a sip of a fan's beer while there was a stoppage in the game - but it was in character and certainly physically possible.

I am sure there are all sort of sensible reasons why players should be so far from the supporters but the bond between supporter and team has never been a sensible one.

It may be heresy but I think the club is better organised than it was in the 1970s and 1980s. The times I have been to the ticket office they have been friendly, efficient and helpful. It may be true that the old time football directors cared about the fans but I never saw any sign of it. As for the old time football pitches how ridiculous that a footballing genius like Stanley Matthews should have to play on mud.

One good point he makes is that there is less contact with the players. I can remember a friend shouting "Oh Lenny" at a bad cross and Glover hearing turned round and said "Sorry". I have never been sure whether it is true or not that the Birch cadged a sip of a fan's beer while there was a stoppage in the game - but it was in character and certainly physically possible.

I am sure there are all sort of sensible reasons why players should be so far from the supporters but the bond between supporter and team has never been a sensible one.

Rooney had a beer in Vegas recently and look at the shit the 'papers gave him, even though it is post-season. Players have to protect themselves now. People say and act in ways they never could in the 70s through outlets such as Twitter. In fact, surely things like Twitter mean that certain players are more accessible than ever, if Martin wanted to move with the times.

To be fair, it has stimulated a few pages of discussion by us so the letters editor probably got it right...

One of the other informative news items on their website recently was "hasn't the price of eggs gone up"...wtf.

With all due respect, I don't see any sense in any of his points. What parts do you think make sense?

He had a problem and decided it was time to go.That to me made sence.He could have just "put up with it" but he didn't ....I admire him for that .Too many go with the flow,he had the conviction to follow up on what he sees as the wrongs of the modern game as his issues were with the game in general as well as Leicester City.

In fairness by the end of November many others may have fallen out of love with the foxes.
Taxi for Mr P!!!

In fairness by the end of November many others may have fallen out of love with the foxes.
Taxi for Mr P!!!

But no doubt your obsession with live on well beyond November.

Why on earth did you have to include the link to the toilet seat story??? Now I know too much about Bill Maynard's toilet problems

I'm impressed with the way that he breaks toilet seats wherever he goes. Sounds more like a hobby than a series of accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669