I haven't finished shopping - Levein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

There will be comings and goings. :) :) ;)

The Mercury said:
I haven't finished shopping - Levein

by BILL ANDERSON

Leicester City's new-look squad reported back for pre-season training today with the promise of more new arrivals on the horizon.

And when the players hit the training pitches for their gruelling work-outs, they will be well aware that competition for places is expected to get hotter in the lead-up to the new season.

After the comings-and-goings of the summer, City boss Craig Levein insists he is still looking to further strengthen his squad.

With the midfield department well served, he continues to eye targets for the defence and attack.

And after landing goalkeeper Rab Douglas and Momo Sylla from Celtic, Levein has been strongly linked with another Parkhead player, the left-sided defender Ulrik Laursen who has already confirmed City's interest.

Laursen has to work out a severance deal with Celtic as he is still under contract, just as Sylla was, and no progress can be made until then.

If Laursen does arrive, it would add spice to City's friendly against Celtic at the Walkers Stadium on July 19.

Levein has other targets in mind but is keeping those under wraps until he is in a position to reveal more of his plans.

It is unlikely to be one-way traffic as there could also be players on the move. Levein has already declared the likes of Peter Canero, Tommy Wright and Matt Heath are available for transfer, as any saving on the wage bill will help.

The next few days could be significant as Levein wants any more new men in as quickly as possible.

City open their pre-season action at Kettering a week on Sunday before their two-game trip to Norway from July 12-17, and Levein is determined to have added to his numbers in good time.

Source

Levein will deffo be looking for a striker , im not doubting MB but maybe he has 4 players that he has made contact with and he has a few strikers in mind. He obviously knows we need a striker with the attempt for Sturm and the intrest in Sidibie.

that`s correct, just because the 4 targets don`t include a striker does`nt mean there won`t be one coming in, in fact, a foreign striker may well be on the way !!!

mad biker said:
that`s correct, just because the 4 targets don`t include a striker does`nt mean there won`t be one coming in, in fact, a foreign striker may well be on the way !!!

oooooooh dont get me all excited MB...!!!

Give us a clue...nationality?

mad biker said:

any clues on the country MB?

I see Christian Vieri was released today maybe he is the foreign striker?! Then again maybe not.

The Voice From Above said:
oooooooh dont get me all excited MB...!!!

Give us a clue...nationality?

great minds think a like

mad biker said:
that`s correct, just because the 4 targets don`t include a striker does`nt mean there won`t be one coming in, in fact a foreign striker may well be on the way !!!

so....does that mean there's 5 targets we're looking at????
stop this MB ya big tease ya!
this time of year is bad enough as it is

Eastern Europeon would be my guess.Latvian,Ukranian,Estonian,Belarusian(?) somewhwere like that.

Muz said:
Maybe the striker coming in is Madds Timm? He's foreign..

Very true, but I was under the impression he was being given another chance by Man U. :) :) ;)

Steven said:
Very true, but I was under the impression he was being given another chance by Man U. :) :) ;)

I hope not , he would be a cracking signing!
I hate pre season all this waiting around and guessing who's coming in it does my nut in!

Muz said:
I hope not , he would be a cracking signing!
I hate pre season all this waiting around and guessing who's coming in it does my nut in!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: You and me both. :) :) ;)

MB, I think this is probably less of a clue than nationality, but can you tell us if this foreign striker is someone we are likely to have heard of?

And do you know who these 2 trialists are?

MB - can you just let us know whether or not you feel good about the potential squad for the season coming?

MB - can you at least tell us what you had for dinner ?

Please ?

maybe he's not had dinner yet.

MB can you shed any light on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675