I must be going mad ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

...........but yesterday I bought my season ticket in the family stand for me and my six year old daughter does this make me the worst father in the world ? My reasoning for taking her are as follows :

1) She came to two games last season, the 2-0 win over Gillingham and the 1-1 draw with Crewe 4 pts from 2 games (promotion form) could be a lucky omen !

2) Why the hell should I be the only one in our house suffering on a saturday evening, I am not a selfish person and therefore I want her to share in my misery and unhappiness. ;-)

Answers on a postcard !

PS Fair play to the club though £318 for me and the nipper goes free. For some unknown reason I am excited about next season as well and I cant wait.

Has anyone else got their season tickets yet and where are you sitting ?

Got mine and I am with you in the Family Stand. I too decided to teach my daughter about pain, misery and dissapointment at at an early age. I think 2 years old is about the right time. I may also start to take her to a few funerals and teach her about death and the impact it can have on family and friends while I am at it.

Thumbs up to LCFC. This has allowed me the opportunity to bring my daughter to her first football match. I am sure will regret going as much as we all do.

Only joking, I too am looking forward to this season (Sounds familiar though)!!

I have to say that I'm impressed with the pricing this season... I renewed my ticket and my 9 year old son's, then got a new ticket for my 5 year old and all for less than my ticket cost me last year.

Then paid for it on my "premiership" Barclaycard and they give you interest free for as long as it takes to pay season tickets off (no time limit)

got mine over a month ago.

Block F1 for the second season running. I know what you mean about being excited about next season.

I have a good feeling about this one which usually means we will have a crap season so good luck to us all!

got mine over a month ago.

Block F1 for the second season running. I know what you mean about being excited about next season.

I have a good feeling about this one which usually means we will have a crap season so good luck to us all!

Hazzman said:
To The Top Two posters- The Family Stand has changed its name to The Library. After the miserable bastards who sit in there decided against a no-signing policy.

We decided AGAINST a no-singing policy? That must be why me and my brother and my 9 year old always sing our f*cking hearts out then!

Hazzman said:
Sorry, miserable bastards have vetoed a non-singing policy. Im glad I wont be seeing the Family Library next season.

If they've wetoed a non-singing policy, presumably they must be singing then!!

What are you trying to say, Hazzman?

Hazzman said:
The Family Stand has changed its name to The Library. After the miserable bastards who sit in there decided a no-signing policy.

The Family Stand never has been a good place for collecting autographs. Some of the little 'uns hardly even know how to hold a pen!!

:lol: :lol: I have refused to sign anything in there!

There are not enough of EMC Fox and his family in there though. Good place to take the kids, but still not enough singing it has to be said.

Hazzman said:
Sorry, miserable bastards have vetoed a non-singing policy. Im glad I wont be seeing the Family Library next season.
So are we. In previous seasons I have sat next to the away fans, behind the goal. I liked my seat.

What I didn't like was the mindless tossers that sat immediatley to my right, running past me and my family just to call the away fans "Northern Scum, Cokney Wank**rs or any other geographical insult, just because they were singing louder than us. Then we would have to stand up to let the ignorant tossers back to their seat. I will not subject my children to this sort of behaviour.

So the reason I changed my seat, not because of the away fans, but because of ours. The noise we hear isn't singing, it is abuse and foul mouth idiots who are only brave enough to challenge the away fans behind a screen of police and security.

I don't want to sit near you, I want to watch a football match. I don't need to sing to you to prove I am a Leicester fan. I am 100% behind our football team and make enough "clever" noise to urge on our team.

As for the no singing policy - Sit in our stand for 1 game, are you loud ?. No are you F**k. The away fans make more noise than you do, you sing louder and don't blame the people in the family stand because you can't reaise enough noise on your own.

Anyway my 2 year old daughter knows more songs than you. She knows 3. And all of various syllables.

Hazzman or should that be Chavman I take it you are one of the hilarious bunch who stand at the back next to the away fans spending all game goading the away fans thinking you are really hard.

I am afraid that I go to the match to watch and support Leicester and at 31 years of age I am not particularly interested in demonstrating how hard I can act, especially in a stand full of young kids and parents. One day when you are old enough to have sex ( not with yourself but another consenting adult) and you have a child I am sure you will want to take them to watch City in a stand where they feel safe and where there is minimal swearing. Until then you concentrate on singing with the rest of the burberry clad chav's whilst I will concentrate on watching City with my six year old daughter.

Hazzman said:
To The Top Two posters- The Family Stand has changed its name to The Library. After the miserable bastards who sit in there decided a no-signing policy.
:smt018

Signing.

Let me explain my situation.
I currently sit with my Dad, Uncle, Dad's Friends, Brother (aged 12), cousin (aged 16), cousin (aged 13) and two little lads (one aged 10 and the other aged 8 years old).

Now, the people out of the group who sing the most are the ten-year old and the eight year old who sing during the match and in time of the moment get heated with players. However, at least once a match they get told by either someone next to us or below us to stop singing. They have had a letter of complaint from someone yet no swear words have passed their mouths. Im sure if their father heard them, he would give them a serious talking to. Also even more ironic we have built up a good rapport with certain fans behind us and below us.

And before you come on with this Chavman. We play Football (Heads n Volleys) on Phoenix Arts carpark before every game having a laugh before making our way to ground to enjoy ourselves (although its not been many times this season its happened).

You have completely misunderstood my situation and the reason I came out with that comment. The kids who sing got brought up on Filbert Street not some cardboard cutout of a stadium. And before you accuse me of only knowing two songs. I have been through thick and thin with City through Southend United and Bristol Rovers plus Mark ****ing McJock.

Its hard not to get heated on an occasion when someone stereotypically judges me because of my spelling and age.

I understand that their are certain wankers who swear and etc but in no way I'm one of these. As I have learnt whilst supporting LCFC, you must be a ****ing idiot to call someone a particular name because of their background, age or race.

Good Reply - Although you should think more carefully about aiming your comments at a majority, when you are really aiming them them at a tiny minority.

OK, the family stand doesn't have the loudest section prize, and is possibly a little more timid than you are looking for.

However, it is what it is. The Family stand. I have a family who come with me. That is why we are there. I like it, they like it. I don't need people ridiculing me because of it.

Wherever you are, enjoy your football in the way you want to enjoy it. Fook the rest. I enjoy the people around me singing, nobody should ever tell anybody else to stop singing at a football match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669