Ian Holloway

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

He's told his Blackpool owner that they can do another "burnley" this season - hopefully that will mean a double delegation no offence to claret fans

He's told his Blackpool owner that they can do another "burnley" this season - hopefully that will mean a double delegation no offence to claret fans

Holloway could prove me wrong. :102:

I notice that there seems far more antagonism toward Ian Holloway than toward Martin Allen. To me it is Martin Allen who is the main villain of our relegation year. He had a large sum of money to spend which he wasted on some of the worst players I have ever seen play for Leicester. He had a pre-season and yet he never turned the players into a team. Gary Megson then left us in the lurch.
Ian Holloway came into a very bad situation and was unable to turn it around despite buying two players - Oakley and Howard - who were better than anyone Martin Allen bought. Ian Holloway deserves criticism for not being able to turn things around but surely Martin Allen with his hellings, Hayes. Neilson, Kaebi, Campbell and the "awesome" Carl Cort was the architect of our disaster.

I notice that there seems far more antagonism toward Ian Holloway than toward Martin Allen. To me it is Martin Allen who is the main villain of our relegation year. He had a large sum of money to spend which he wasted on some of the worst players I have ever seen play for Leicester. He had a pre-season and yet he never turned the players into a team. Gary Megson then left us in the lurch.
Ian Holloway came into a very bad situation and was unable to turn it around despite buying two players - Oakley and Howard - who were better than anyone Martin Allen bought. Ian Holloway deserves criticism for not being able to turn things around but surely Martin Allen with his hellings, Hayes. Neilson, Kaebi, Campbell and the "awesome" Carl Cort was the architect of our disaster.

I have just remembered Holloway bought us the best thing this club has seen for years........................

BARRY BARRY BARRY

To me it is Martin Allen who is the main villain of our relegation year.

To me Milan Mandaric is the main villain of our relegation year.

Allen was a poor choice, but once he'd been allowed to sign all those players he should have been given a chance to show us what he could do, getting rid of him did more harm than good.

We had a reasonable start under Allen (his on the pitch record was better than the other managers we had that year), and if we'd kept that up we'd have finished in mid table. Despite all the crap players he bought I think the squad we had should still have been comfortably able to avoid relegation.

Totally agree Jeff. Also, Ian Holloway had plenty of time to get LCFC in to a safer place, in fact we were in a 'safer' place when he took over...it was he who got us relegated after all.

In 2005 my mate asked me this puzzler....."if you had a shotgun, which two Cardiff players would you shoot?". Without hesitation I answered "I'd empty both barrels into Richard Langley the useless fecker".

Low and behold........ http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/8131098.stm

Nuff said.

He's a great manager, making decisions on what is best for the football club

"We've had a friendship and working relationship which has lasted years," he told BBC Radio Lancashire.
"I will not leave a companion of mine who worked so hard for me in the past out on a limb," said Holloway.

You couldn't make it up. Poor old Blackpool

To be fair he has not said he is going to sign him, simply allow him to get fit and try to impress anyone out there, it's not the first time this has happened.

To be fair he has not said he is going to sign him, simply allow him to get fit and try to impress anyone out there, it's not the first time this has happened.
My experience, and his record suggests that it would be the first time he's impressed anyone. Even when fit he couldnt hit a barndoor with a bulldozer.

To me Milan Mandaric is the main villain of our relegation year.

Allen was a poor choice, but once he'd been allowed to sign all those players he should have been given a chance to show us what he could do, getting rid of him did more harm than good.

We had a reasonable start under Allen (his on the pitch record was better than the other managers we had that year), and if we'd kept that up we'd have finished in mid table. Despite all the crap players he bought I think the squad we had should still have been comfortably able to avoid relegation.

That noise is the sound of a nail being hit on the head.

don't speak too soon about ollie being a bad manager, we are meeting him twice this season , he may or may not have the last laugh .

don't speak too soon about ollie being a bad manager, we are meeting him twice this season , he may or may not have the last laugh .

Are you taking the piss? The clown managed to steer the club to the lowest depths in it's history while telling us all to chill out and eat a ****ing sandwich. Doing the double over us this season would not change the fact that he is inept at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566