Ice Kings in the posh papers

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also a nice little interview with Howard Riley (a player of the Gillies' era) on FoxesPlayer today too.

Hayley would have have said hi but she and Ross just got on bus to Meadowhall. I'm working near to Sheffield station today and my break just started.

I think they were going to see the 3D remake of the Lion King.

They should have listened to Mark Kermode going on about it today. I hope they weren't too disappointed!

Thought you might have meant Santa.
I went to the Wallace victory in 1981.
Hayley would have have said hi but she and Ross just got on bus to Meadowhall. I'm working near to Sheffield station today and my break just started.

They should have listened to Mark Kermode going on about it today. I hope they weren't too disappointed!

Can we have a separate Hayley and Ross thread? I can't wait to read what happens next. :icon_wink

They semed as though they enjoyed ut when I saw them Ross was singing along to all the songs I gather. Witha name like Kermode he probably talks a load of shit anyway.

Hayley should be on her way back to Leicester now.
Ross has his first night working at the pub tonight. Knowing the Publican doubt I'd get a free pint.

Two years earlier I was one of quite a few City fans in their main stand for the game. Their Anfield Road end was closed for rebuilding and the game had been designated as being for home fans only. Nevertheless quite a few of us found ourselves there and when Matt Elliott made it 1-0 in the first minute, I wasn't the only one sitting on my hands. Shortly afterwards I felt a bit of a nudge in my back, followed by a Scouse-voice saying, "We know you're Leicester". Before I had time to even think about shitting myself, he followed it up by telling me that Liverpool were playing crap and that it would be OK to cheer IF we scored again.

It would have been nice to have been able to believe him immediately but with about 85 minutes of the game left, I found myself hoping that we didn't score again. I really didn't fancy the risk. But the Liverpudlian was right;they were playing crap and we were all over them. I decided to do a not-so-loud "oh well done" now and again to test out what he had said. He was true to his word and soon the banter was flowing and it was like being at a game 30 years earlier. I still didn't fancy us scoring though - and Liverpool didn't look likely too.

When the goal finally did come and it was only about 10 minutes from the end, it was from an unlikely source. I think it was Heskey who had a shot (I'm not going to argue if somebody tells me it was somebody else). I let out a bit of a shout but David James had it covered (I am going to argue if anybody tries to tell me it was anybody else) and should have held it - but he put it right into the path of Fatty Fenton who only had to tap it in. 2-0 up at Anfield and I went mad. It was only then that I realised just how many City fans there were in the main stand and pleasingly all of them felt able to celebrate the goal. Paul Ince did get them one back almost immediately but I left the stadium feeling doubly happy - we'd won and Liverpool fans had shown me that they weren't bad after all.

That would have been the middle one of the three wins then. Did I really have shorts on that far back? I wasn't wearing them as a regular thing then.

And to be honest I would not have remembered that it was there/then that I first met you.

I was in the main stand that day too Boc, it was a bit surreal I thought. I've seen us play up there three times and we've not lost any of them.

Can we have a separate Hayley and Ross thread? I can't wait to read what happens next. :icon_wink

OK. She's back home now. Nothing to see here. Move along please, quiet as you go................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669