I'd rather....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

I'd rather let forest share with us. they're in difficulty. atleast we'd stick to football.

FOXFAN said:
I'd rather let forest share with us. they're in difficulty. atleast we'd stick to football.

That is way over the top. :roll:

It's only the next logical step from this sell out

Nottingham East Midlands FC

Come on you Blue and Reds..........

homer said:
It's only the next logical step from this sell out

Nottingham East Midlands FC

Come on you Blue and Reds..........

if we merge with c*v and sheep as well as the trees, we could get a new stadium that holds 150,000.

Forest and LCFC joint team would be a much better idea than sharing a ground with all those unintelligent, stupid fickle boneheads that tried to invent a new game of football but went badly wrong and the people who made up the game were so clever that they thought picking up a ball would be more interesting than kicking it. Then eventually they thought that their game was slightly wrong so they copied our beautiful game and brought kicking into the game. Yet again this went badly wrong and now they are accidently (without realising it) kicking the ball over the posts instead of under them. For throw-ins they do these things called line outs which only certain people are allowed to get the ball. Those people that made rugby were possibly mindless criminal scum seeing as they could, instead of doing fair tackles which most of the time do not hurt the opposition, only think of doing vicious tackles which can knock players out, cause possible concussion and probably a lot more.

I have got to say though that when I watched the rugby world cup final when England won I was ecstatic and there was one sole reason for this because England had actually won something for the first time in quite a while. Just because the Tigers can't afford a ground and keep it because rugby is so unpopular and the crap version that went badly wrong of football they have to come crying to us ruin our pitch and vandalise our stadium as they are so unsophisticated. I hope i'm not offending any idiotic rugby fans but still you've got to hear it from someone. I'm just glad it was me.

Sam said:
Forest and LCFC joint team would be a much better idea than sharing a ground with all those unintelligent, stupid fickle boneheads that tried to invent a new game of football but went badly wrong and the people who made up the game were so clever that they thought picking up a ball would be more interesting than kicking it. Then eventually they thought that their game was slightly wrong so they copied our beautiful game and brought kicking into the game. Yet again this went badly wrong and now they are accidently (without realising it) kicking the ball over the posts instead of under them. For throw-ins they do these things called line outs which only certain people are allowed to get the ball. Those people that made rugby were possibly mindless criminal scum seeing as they could, instead of doing fair tackles which most of the time do not hurt the opposition, only think of doing vicious tackles which can knock players out, cause possible concussion and probably a lot more.

I have got to say though that when I watched the rugby world cup final when England won I was ecstatic and there was one sole reason for this because England had actually won something for the first time in quite a while. Just because the Tigers can't afford a ground and keep it because rugby is so unpopular and the crap version that went badly wrong of football they have to come crying to us ruin our pitch and vandalise our stadium as they are so unsophisticated. I hope i'm not offending any idiotic rugby fans but still you've got to hear it from someone. I'm just glad it was me.

Oh please, pipe down with these shocking comments, they really don't help.

I'm sorry but no I don't want to share with tigers - why?

I'm happy for all leicester(shire) teams to do well but know tigers fans and have heard of crowds down at welford road cheering when it's announced that city have lost. Jealousy of a better sported team and sport?

Ok Walkers is no Filbert street but it's still our home. Before everyone starts pointing out that we only rent it - I live in rented house and although I don't own it I would still be pissed off if I came home one day and found that some stranger had moved in and redecorated! Walkers is our Home - rent it or own it - it's our home.

What little atmosphere there is at the Walkers is hardly going to be helped by turning over half the ground to Tigers. Last time I checked we don't play in green (unless we're going to revert to those dodgy away shirt from the 80's - someone give ind coope a bell). Ok some of you may say what's the difference -just a few different coloured seat and a change in signs but it's more than that - all's all about heritage and identity and if people can't see that because they're blinded by a few pound signs then maybe they should look into they should and not their wallets. :evil:

The board are trying to do something that will help the club to be more successfull and so far the main objection seams to be "Green seats"
Amazing,

I do not understand the objection to sharing the ground. It has to be better for city.

LCFC will own 50% of the ground
It will give us better long term security.
All the fixed costs ie: Repayments, rates and ground maintenance will be shared.
More money for both clubs to spend on players.
We wont have to suffer the parking problems that happen when both clubs play at the same time.

The only problems that I can think of are:
The damage that is done to the pitch
The scheduling of matches
Convincing the fans from two different sporting cultures that the ground sharing can be to everyones advantage
Loss of identity

The pitch is going to be modified so it can withstand the grief rugby gives it. I doubt it will be a artificial pitch, there is a turf that is made up of a matrix of polimer strips and real grass that is more durable than grass

The scheduling of the matches is not a problem.

The hardest problem will be dealing with the fans from both clubs and if the clubs are to win the support of ther fans they must communicate the plans clearly to the fans

New ground, new identity and combining the tigers and city can only strengthen it.

People always react in the same way to change. Firstly they object to it happening, then they find the reasons why they object. The problem is never the change itself, its the fear of the unknown that causes all the problems and the objections. Once we understand how they propose the ground sharing to work and the pro's and cons, then deciede if it is good or bad.

I can see the future headlines "LCFC in administration again because fans dont like green seats"

God. help us

Sam said:

Oh yeah of small mind!

Plonker!

Awayfox said:
Sam said:

Oh yeah of small mind!

Plonker!

surely it was ironic?

step said:
The board are trying to do something that will help the club to be more successfull and so far the main objection seams to be "Green seats"
Amazing,

I do not understand the objection to sharing the ground. It has to be better for city.

LCFC will own 50% of the ground
It will give us better long term security.
All the fixed costs ie: Repayments, rates and ground maintenance will be shared.
More money for both clubs to spend on players.
We wont have to suffer the parking problems that happen when both clubs play at the same time.

The only problems that I can think of are:
The damage that is done to the pitch
The scheduling of matches
Convincing the fans from two different sporting cultures that the ground sharing can be to everyones advantage
Loss of identity

The pitch is going to be modified so it can withstand the grief rugby gives it. I doubt it will be a artificial pitch, there is a turf that is made up of a matrix of polimer strips and real grass that is more durable than grass

The scheduling of the matches is not a problem.

The hardest problem will be dealing with the fans from both clubs and if the clubs are to win the support of ther fans they must communicate the plans clearly to the fans

New ground, new identity and combining the tigers and city can only strengthen it.

People always react in the same way to change. Firstly they object to it happening, then they find the reasons why they object. The problem is never the change itself, its the fear of the unknown that causes all the problems and the objections. Once we understand how they propose the ground sharing to work and the pro's and cons, then deciede if it is good or bad.

I can see the future headlines "LCFC in administration again because fans dont like green seats"

God. help us

The objection is not green seats...but it is about a loss of who we are. In 120 years LCFC have always had their own home, a place that doesn't belong to any other club. They now want to rebrand this. Yes, they plan to change the colour of the seats, but yes they also want to make the stadium something that reflects more than Leicester City. To me this seems as though they are toning us down. Marginalising LCFC. I for one don't want to be rebranded! Going to Leicester City football club means something to me. The colours Blue and White mean something to me. Going and touching the memorial brick of a loved one lost means something to me! I don't want that to be stripped back just so we can have a soleless money making vehicle!!

Sure we don't own the stadium, but to clear up on two things. The first is that we will not go back into administration if we don't ground share with the Tigers...that is just a scare story, we have one of the largest budgets in this league, and with regards to administration are safe.
Point two, by buying the stadium with the Tigers we would own half, and would NEVER have the chance to own the whole thing just for Leicester City...just for people who support the blue and white, and for the people who believe that having your own home for the past 120 years means something. If we carry on with our current path we will own our own stadium one day. It might take longer but it would be ours, Just Leicester City, a place that isn't stripped down because its branding isn't suitable to the Tigers. This whole merger is a quick fix...and in the long term they never work.

Don't see to the end of an Era!

As we don't own the stadium already, whats stopping the tigers coming in with a bid to buy the stadium out-right, kicking us out all together? then we're left with nothing.

leicester_til_i_die said:
As we don't own the stadium already, whats stopping the tigers coming in with a bid to buy the stadium out-right, kicking us out all together? then we're left with nothing.

I just said that.

Joe_Fox said:

I just said that.

where did you say it? sorry i can't see it!

Our morgage would prevent that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670