If Southampton beat West Brom will we go down?

If Southampton beat West Brom will we go down?

• Yes

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry Melton, I am only 30 mins drive from the Hawthorns so I will nip over to have a personal word just in case Mowbray doesn't happen to pick up his TBalls PMs this afternoon.

I couldn't forgive myself if we were relegated just because the Baggies and their supporters weren't arsed about this game because they have'nt 't been following the league table lately.
Good man.

I have a horrid feeling that Southampton will win tonight. It's making me feel sick.

If Southampton were to lose tonight then come Sunday we may as well go all out attack and try to beat Stoke,a point would be of little use to us

Good point that Highlander. Who did you buy it off?

If Southampton win and Sheff Weds lose, a point would keep us up.

But I expect Sheff Weds will get something from their last game, so we have to play for a win.

Being serious just for a moment .....I think we can assume that Stoke will try to play their high tempo, physical style of football and will seek to place us on the defensive anyway. I can't think that we are capable of carrying the game to them.

I would have thought that it was a question of trying to avoid defending too deep and hoping to hit them on the break. Frankly, I don't think playing for a draw or a win comes into the tactical equation - we need to hope that they don't muscle out of the game; frustrate them and try to sneak a goal/ goals.

I have a horrid feeling that Southampton will win tonight. It's making me feel sick.

That baby ostrich that you're holding in your hand is making me feel sick!

Frankly, I don't think playing for a draw or a win comes into the tactical equation

There have been times when Holloway has played with five in midfield or defence, but if we do that we're not likely to win, because we won't have the attacking threat. We should play with two up front. And if the scores are level late in the game, we should make attacking substitutions to try for the win, unless Wednesday are losing badly and we know a draw will do.

We saw under Megson that if a team goes into the match looking to contain their opponents and hit them on the break, it's very difficult to change the style if you go a goal down. Playing in a positive way should also make the players more confident than going into the match with a negative attitude.

There have been times when Holloway has played with five in midfield or defence, but if we do that we're not likely to win, because we won't have the attacking threat. We should play with two up front. And if the scores are level late in the game, we should make attacking substitutions to try for the win, unless Wednesday are losing badly and we know a draw will do.

We saw under Megson that if a team goes into the match looking to contain their opponents and hit them on the break, it's very difficult to change the style if you go a goal down. Playing in a positive way should also make the players more confident than going into the match with a negative attitude.

It's the only way I can see us getting anything out of the game.

I understand all that. I also agree that we should play 2 upfront - although which 2 I wouldn't want to guess although I think that Hume should be one of them because in spite of the penalty miss, he is the most likely to score.

All I am saying is that I doubt very much whether we will determine the shape of the game. Obviously I just hope that we only need a point because I think a win is probably asking for too much. Not that Stoke can't be beaten - but I think we are more likely to freeze than them.

Shit or Bust I Agree.

I understand all that. I also agree that we should play 2 upfront - although which 2 I wouldn't want to guess although I think that Hume should be one of them because in spite of the penalty miss, he is the most likely to score.

All I am saying is that I doubt very much whether we will determine the shape of the game. Obviously I just hope that we only need a point because I think a win is probably asking for too much. Not that Stoke can't be beaten - but I think we are more likely to freeze than them.

I would say that it is impossible for us to go into the game knowing we need just a point,i can't think of a scenario where that would be the case.It may become apparent during the game that we only need a point but tbh I think our best line of defence in this event is to attack,I can't see us holding them at bay for 90 minutes

We'd know exactly who voted if we managed to stop stupid people starting polls.

How is this poll stupid. It is only stupid if you answer it saying no we are not down as we have 1 game left. This question is too see who thinks we will be able to get something at Stoke and about Southamptons last game also. Different reviews obviously make the topic more interesting as thats why i wanted to post this thread.

Jeeze you have some sort of problem MF.

I would say that it is impossible for us to go into the game knowing we need just a point,i can't think of a scenario where that would be the case.It may become apparent during the game that we only need a point but tbh I think our best line of defence in this event is to attack,I can't see us holding them at bay for 90 minutes

No - I understand all that. I was trying to make a different point - obviously not very well:

that is that once the game starts my guess is that Stoke will dominate in terms of possession - and we will not be in a position to take the attacking initiative. Frankly, in most of the games I have watched this season (and all at home) - we have very rarely looked capable of playing a high tempo attacking game and this has disappointed me. So I agree with playing 2 strikers, but I would have thought our best chance was to hit them on the break.

No - I understand all that. I was trying to make a different point - obviously not very well:

that is that once the game starts my guess is that Stoke will dominate in terms of possession - and we will not be in a position to take the attacking initiative. Frankly, in most of the games I have watched this season (and all at home) - we have very rarely looked capable of playing a high tempo attacking game and this has disappointed me. So I agree with playing 2 strikers, but I would have thought our best chance was to hit them on the break.

I think our best chance relies on Southampton only get one point out of their final two games.IMO we haven't a hope in hell of getting anything out of Stoke

I think our best chance relies on Southampton only get one point out of their final two games.IMO we haven't a hope in hell of getting anything out of Stoke

Obviously there is always a chance of an upset at Stoke, but this is in my opinion a stone dead home banker. I think we will be blown away by Stoke; by the atmosphere etc etc.

I also think that Southampton are more likely than not to beat the Blades - but this looks a much more competitive game - obviously.

I think we will be blown away by Stoke; by the atmosphere etc etc.
fuk off!!!!! whu do u think u r????????

u aint know real fan!!!!!!!, we will outsing them, the blue army will be there inpride, in passion and beleef ad in numbers. its fans like u that giv this club a bad name, u let us down wek in week out with your false gestures, turning up and just moning at the players with your half time booze and jeers.

fuk u, ill be waving my shoes in the air and making them stoke pussies look like amatures. we will win coz foxes never quit, not then, not now, and not ever.

blue army, blue army, blue army, blue army. ollie will wave at us, so fuk u :098:

I don't know, why don't you ask somebody who as said that it is? I don't know the answer to everything!!!

Thanks for the opportunity. Yes, I know the answer to everything.

First of all Fludie, I owe you an apology and I am making this public rather than through a private message.

I have sussed that you are probably into Metaphysics but when you posed that question "If Southampton beat West Brom will we go down?" - some of us thought you were suggesting that in the event of Southampton winning the game, that the Football League would ring Mandaric and say " Hey Leicester, that's your lot, you are relegated - don't bother about next Sunday, just go". The essence of the question is all in the word "will". "Will" really means "is it likely". I've got it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670