If we don't go up......Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Sorry to be negative but talking to my Dad on the way home and he was saying if we don't go up then Pearson should be sacked. What do you think would happen with Nige if we didn't go up? I think Pearson has done well this season but at the end of the day if we don't get promoted then i hate to say it but he has failed. I really hope we don't have this dilemma but I suppose it is something to think about.

Let's worry about that in a month or so.

Its not pointless.
NP has rightly took plenty of plaudits this season, but ultimately if were to blow such a good lead, then questions have to be asked.

Yeah thats true. I have never questioned Nige but when someone said two wins in nine I was really worried. If we don't go up whether it is right or wrong I will blame the manager.

I think sacking a Manager for failing to get promotion at his first attempt may be a little harsh. In fact sacking a Manager for failing to get promotion at all is harsh.

Pearson has brought lots of good things to this club, especially discipline and attitude. We have seen a massive improvement in mentality. One thing I would sack him for is giving old lazy arse another contract.

That said, we have blown a fairly commanding position and shouldn't be without words being spoken. After all, it's a results driven job.

I'm still fairly certain we'll go up comfortably.

I personally would keep him, but i can see MM giving him the boot

Last edited:
Considering the shambles of a team that got us relegated last season, to be anywhere outside of the relegation places this season is an achievement by Pearson.

Sacking him for not getting promoted at the first attempt would be utterly ridiculous and, considering the dearth of good managers at this level, could lead to fourth division football.

I am certain we will go up - so I don't see that as the issue.

A far more interesting question is to how NP will react to the current alarming drop in form and derisory points harvest obtained recently.

The test of a manager is how he deals with adversity and NP now has a chance to show how effective he is.

16pts from 12 games is the facts.

Judge what you will from that:102:

Every team in every lge will have blips in a season, but imo anything more than half a dozen games at this level for a club of our size, can be considered poor.

Its not pointless.
NP has rightly took plenty of plaudits this season, but ultimately if were to blow such a good lead, then questions have to be asked.

This was alluded to in another thread. Not to go up this season would be worse than going down in the first place.

Considering the shambles of a team that got us relegated last season, to be anywhere outside of the relegation places this season is an achievement by Pearson.

Sacking him for not getting promoted at the first attempt would be utterly ridiculous and, considering the dearth of good managers at this level, could lead to fourth division football.
Nail... head... etc, etc, and so forth.

Assuming we do go up, this period may be a good thing as it highlights a number of areas of the squad which clearly wouldn't be good enough in the championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566