Log in to stop seeing adverts

IF we go down

If we go down what will face us?

  • Become a yoyo team

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    52
Status
Not open for further replies.

m~james

New Member
Which almost certain now (But City PLEASE go ahead and prove me wrong!) do you think we will bounce straight back up or just linger in Div 1 for a couple of season?

-To be fair if we go down there are gonna be alot of players leaving, so i've put "Linger in Div 1 for a couple of seasons"

P.S; There was another option on my poll which was "Drop down the league(s) and turn into dare I say it the sheep or trees" but I have tried putting this option in about 3 times now and it won't appear in my poll!
 

Fox Fan

Well-Known Member
I think we we can bacically hold on to a majority of the players in the team today we should be ok. Yeah Muzz will leave but that means we've got 30,000 a week off our wage bill in one big old go. I think we will be able to hold on to a lot of these players and so long as the support is still good then I am confident that we can cruise that leauge!

Its looking more of a When we are relegated than a If now. sorry to say it but its true, we've left it too late!
 

Fox Fan

Well-Known Member
Also to add the other option on the poll you have to hit add option, wait for the page to realod then click submit!
 

rotherhamfox

New Member
Aye MK could be the case, bloody hope not i think we still have a fighting chance though but todays defeat was a massive blow and we should be taking three points if we are stay up against teams like Fulham at home.
 

Fox Fan

Well-Known Member
rotherhamfox said:
Aye MK could be the case, bloody hope not i think we still have a fighting chance though but todays defeat was a massive blow and we should be taking three points if we are stay up against teams like Fulham at home.
Especially when they were as poor as they were today!
 

Ricey

New Member
I refuse to vote in this poll because:

1. We ain't down yet!!

2. Its impossible to tell what would happen to us if we did anyway.
 

step

Active Member
Dont kid yourself, we are down, and until we have a manager that selects his team on ability and not on pesonality that is where will stay.

Get scowcroft OFF
 

Ricey

New Member
step said:
Dont kid yourself, we are down, and until we have a manager that selects his team on ability and not on pesonality that is where will stay.

Get scowcroft OFF
Utter rubbish!

We are only 3 points away fron safety!!! Yes it looks bleak but we are NOT down yet!
 

Foxes_Trust

Active Member
Fox Fan said:
I think we we can bacically hold on to a majority of the players in the team today we should be ok. Yeah Muzz will leave but that means we've got 30,000 a week off our wage bill in one big old go. I think we will be able to hold on to a lot of these players and so long as the support is still good then I am confident that we can cruise that leauge!

Its looking more of a When we are relegated than a If now. sorry to say it but its true, we've left it too late!
Another reality check needed here !

If we do go down (still an if with a 3 point difference with 3 sides above), we will not keep the majority of players. There are 11 players out of contract & very few will be retained. The club will not able to have a Premiership size squad in Div 1. Another re-build will be required but with younger players.
 

Fox Fan

Well-Known Member
Foxes_Trust said:
Fox Fan said:
I think we we can bacically hold on to a majority of the players in the team today we should be ok. Yeah Muzz will leave but that means we've got 30,000 a week off our wage bill in one big old go. I think we will be able to hold on to a lot of these players and so long as the support is still good then I am confident that we can cruise that leauge!

Its looking more of a When we are relegated than a If now. sorry to say it but its true, we've left it too late!
Another reality check needed here !

If we do go down (still an if with a 3 point difference with 3 sides above), we will not keep the majority of players. There are 11 players out of contract & very few will be retained. The club will not able to have a Premiership size squad in Div 1. Another re-build will be required but with younger players.
Ah yes, I know that but instead of getting rid of these players who are on £5 - £8k a week im saying we should get rid of some of the fringde players who are on well more than that (Muzzy :cry: , Elliott, Jones, Sinco, Gillespie (Pray), Scowy) and use the money saved to keep the rest!
 

Fox Fan

Well-Known Member
Also all the players we got in the close season were unwanted by other clubs (except Bent who I suspect may be offered a move to a Charlton or a Blues).
 

webmaster

Moderator
Fox Fan said:
Ah yes, I know that but instead of getting rid of these players who are on £5 - £8k a week im saying we should get rid of some of the fringde players who are on well more than that (Muzzy :cry: , Elliott, Jones, Sinco, Gillespie (Pray), Scowy) and use the money saved to keep the rest!
Players like Elliott who are still under contract will only leave if another club wants them and can afford their wages. Elliott was made available on a free transfer two years ago and no one would have him, so what makes you think someone will want him now?
You can say the same thing about other players like Benjamin and Scowcroft. Based on this season's performances they're not good enough for clubs that can afford them, so we'll be stuck with them unless we they're prepared to take a pay cut.

Other players who are out of contract (like Sinclair) will not be offered a new contract - or if they are it will be on much lower wages.
 

Foxes_Trust

Active Member
Fox Fan said:
Ah yes, I know that but instead of getting rid of these players who are on £5 - £8k a week im saying we should get rid of some of the fringde players who are on well more than that (Muzzy :cry: , Elliott, Jones, Sinco, Gillespie (Pray), Scowy) and use the money saved to keep the rest!
Of those listed above only 2 are out of contract, the others have a season left to run. The more likely departures are the out of contract players who are:

Rogers, Impey, Sinclair, Lewis, Ferdinand, Izzet, Heath, Fruend, McKinlay, Guppy, Dabizas and Hignett
 

highland fox

New Member
Regardless of us staying up or going down we need to 'clear the decks' in the summer there is too much deadwood in the squad.I'd like to see Freund,Bent,Ferdinand and Muzzy stay regardless of which League we are in.
 

webmaster

Moderator
Marlon said:
Shouldn't this say When you go down ?
Are you confident f*rest will stay up?

Their remaining games are all against teams battling for promotion (Millwall, Ipswich, Wigan and West Brom), so they could lose all of them and end up pipping the sheep to the last relegation place.
 

Marlon

New Member
webmaster said:
Are you confident f*rest will stay up?
Yep.

We have lost only twice under BFJ.

Millwall are distracted by the Cup final, Wigan are beatable as are Ipswich.

We are 4 points clear (5 with goal difference). For us to go down, we would have to lose the last 4 and that just aint going to happen.

See you next season.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Premier League

P Pld Pts
Liverpool  25
Manchester City  19
Leicester  17
Chelsea  17
Arsenal  15
Palace  14
Tottenham   12
Burnley  12
Sheffield Utd  12
10 Bournemouth  12
11 West Ham Utd  12
12 Aston Villa  11
13 Wolves  11
14 Manchester Utd  10
15 Everton  10
16 Brighton  9
17 Southampton  8
18 Newcastle Utd  8
19 Norwich City  7
20 Watford  4

Latest posts

Top