If We Stay Up......

ThaiSweetChilli

I know what many are thinking. Not gonna happen. We're going down. It's over. And fair enough. But we might not, we'd probably need 2 wins at least, maybe two wins and a draw. It's the hope that kills us.

All this talk of the Championship. But what if we stay up? Are we still getting rid of half of the squad and looking to restructure it all?

If we stay up, I want new senior management, a new coach/manager, and young, hungry, driven new players. I just know though, that Dean keeps us up and he'll be given a shot for next season.

Whatever happens, we need to ensure that next season is far better than this one. We all know that Rodgers is a ****, but when he spoke about players not wanting or good enough to be part of this club, he was spot on.

We still could realistically stay up. So why not explore what happens?

We're not staying up but even if did, we need to get rid of the majority and a complete reset is required.

If we didn't it would just be delaying what should have happened this season - relegation.

Apart from that 6-7 game run before the world cup we have been complete shite, almost 11 point Derby levels of shite.

We would still need:

A competent general manager
A competent head coach
A competent goalkeeper
2-3 central defenders
And entirely new midfield including a #10
A right winger
Probably a striker as well.

We’d need to make, at a minimum, 7-8 new signings.

We're not staying up but even if did, we need to get rid of the majority and a complete reset is required.

If we didn't it would just be delaying what should have happened this season - relegation.

Apart from that 6-7 game run before the world cup we have been complete shite, almost 11 point Derby levels of shite.
I saw your moniker on a numberplate on a black BMW in Great Glen this morning. Is that yours?

Seriously mate, not worth thinking about right now…

If, somehow, this set of players suddenly and miraculously learns to play football at a level that matches their alleged quality and at least partly justifies their immense remuneration and squeezes enough points out of the next three games to stay up, I’d still be in favour of a wholesale clearout on and off the pitch. Players, coaches, board members, anyone responsible for the match day “experience”, any furniture that’s in the ****ing way, unnecessary spreadsheets, everything.

If, somehow, this set of players suddenly and miraculously learns to play football at a level that matches their alleged quality and at least partly justifies their immense remuneration and squeezes enough points out of the next three games to stay up, I’d still be in favour of a wholesale clearout
I'd start being less of a ****....

See, we can all say silly things.

Honestly, this is a more pointless conversation than the Monster Munch discussions of old.

If, somehow, this set of players suddenly and miraculously learns to play football at a level that matches their alleged quality and at least partly justifies their immense remuneration and squeezes enough points out of the next three games to stay up, I’d still be in favour of a wholesale clearout on and off the pitch. Players, coaches, board members, anyone responsible for the match day “experience”, any furniture that’s in the ****ing way, unnecessary spreadsheets, everything.

Not the spreadsheets, don't lose the spreadsheets

Therein lies complete madness

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566