Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think Potter said no?

Potter would be sensible to turn us down. We're likely to be relegated, don't have a pot to piss in (unless we're continuing to ignore rules exist) and his next job is the one that makes or breaks him IMO. his stock remains high despite his clownish Chelsea stint. If he adds relegation to his CV I doubt any ****er will look as far back as his mediocre Brighton record....he'll be done at this level.

Cooper is our current level.

I think Potter turned us down because he saw the job as too much for him .

Whereas Cooper has worked wonders at the trees and Swansea

Potter would have done better to come to us before he went to Chelsea
Then used us as a stepping stone .

Now he’s in fear if his reputation being in tatters if he takes the role at our club .

That’s my take on it

I think they offered it to Potter but the offer was not not good enough for Potter to risk -15 points and no money for transfers. So they then offer it to the second choice.

So, our Fearless Foxes can play 200 passes in 60 minutes to score a goal.
Or they can lump it 70 yards up to Vardy and score a goal in 30 seconds.
What is Cooper’s style?

Maybe our board saw this.......

Best press conference moment: Brighton 2022 Fans’ Forum
We have saved the best Graham Potter moment as manager for last – and it had nothing to do with what happened on the pitch.

Okay, so the Brighton 2022 Fans’ Forum was not technically a press conference. It was though a glorious evening when Albion season ticket holder Dave stole the show.

An older fan, Dave took to the microphone around 45 minutes into the event to read out a five minute long poem he had written lambasting the Albion for introducing a £2.50 fee for printing matchday tickets at home.

Fans’ Forum host Johnny Cantor tried to cut Dave off mid-flow. Neither man nor beast could stop Dave. Once he eventually reached the end of his poem, the audience clapped and cheered.

So too did Potter. In fact, Potter looked as happy as he did at any other time in his three-and-a-bit seasons at the Albion. He laughed his head off, cheered and applauded more ferociously than anyone else in the room.

This was in stark contrast to Paul Barber, who was trying to smile but not-so-subtly seething inside that somebody had gone to the time and effort to write a clever poem criticising the club.

Potter loved it. Barber did not. Maybe that is why Brighton gave Potter permission to talk to Chelsea? They were happy to see the back of him after siding with that wannabe-Shakespeare troublemaker Dave? Now it all makes sense…

Cooper feels like a disaster in the making to me.

Getting someone that's last job was being sacked by Forest isn't a great way to get the fan's backing.

If it's him, he's got to get a strong start.

If Potter bottled a decision to come here because he doesn’t back his managerial ability to keep us in the league, I don’t want him anyway.

Track record, generally.
There is no track record for the first one. In the ms of performance, Cooper's CV on many measures is better than Potter's.

Neither were anything other than barrel scraping in reality.

There is no track record for the first one. In the ms of performance, Cooper's CV on many measures is better than Potter's.

Neither were anything other than barrel scraping in reality.

I blame Potter for the increased chat about Xg. Brighton would be on a 10 game winless run but with a better made up should have scored stat than the team at the top of the league. His reputation has been boosted by that sort of crap. He then fluffed it at Chelsea. Cracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58