If you had the money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heskey for £5.5 mil
Not a bad shout, personally I wouldn't expect to pay over a mill, and I think he'd come on a reduced salary to help the rejuvination of the club. Should be top of the shopping list

Not a bad shout, personally I wouldn't expect to pay over a mill, and I think he'd come on a reduced salary to help the rejuvination of the club. Should be top of the shopping list

Wouldnt he get some money from the buyout anyway as he owns shares doesnt he?

wouldn't want to bring in too many players, think current squad has a bit of potential and our big problem in last 3 or 4 seasons has been lack of squad cohesion - we weren't sending out teams but random collections of journeymen. now that we've got some team spirit it would be a shame to sacrifice it by brining in loads of new players quickly.

so IMO bring in 2 or 3 quality players to boost what we have but dont make wholesale changes. a good central midfielder, lee henrie obvious choice, and a striker - idea of heskey is appealing. agree that defence probably doesnt need a lot done to it as its been pretty solid and we have quite a lot of strenth in depth there.

A decent centre mid...anyone will do

3 from the following list: Don't rock the boat too much, or put the players noses out of joint too much. Not know we finally have a team spirit.

carsley,
simon davies
Mculloch
Koumas
stelios
lee hendrie
glen little
vassel
dickov
sinama pongolle
carlton cole
varney
eastwood
Nugent
Healy
Almunia

3 from the following list: Don't rock the boat too much, or put the players noses out of joint too much. Not know we finally have a team spirit.

carsley,
simon davies
Mculloch
Koumas
stelios
lee hendrie
glen little
vassel
dickov
sinama pongolle
carlton cole
varney
eastwood
Nugent
Healy
Almunia
None of 'em are inspiring to be honest. If we had the money and I was manager none of them feckers would feature in my list.

Maybe Pongolle, but sometimes that lazy feckpig don't turn up

carsley,
simon davies
Mculloch
Koumas
stelios
lee hendrie
glen little
vassel
dickov
sinama pongolle
carlton cole
varney
eastwood
Nugent
Healy
Almunia

Only one. Nugent. And he'll be more than Mandaric'll spend on a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566