If you were God..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was forced to go to confession as a child & continually had to make up stuff that I'd done wrong so that I would be cleansed enough to receive communion.

Questioning this nonsense helped me to open my mind to this bollocks.

My favourite "confession" one was saying this other lad in my year had barbie dolls i made it up so people bullied him.

At least Hindus have some interesting gods.

ganesha.jpg

Thessalonians (in 2 Thes 3:6-11). If you are not willing to work, you should not eat. Lazy people should not be allowed to bludge off others.

Loving that quote (only took me five minutes to google it)

The best thing about this debate is that we will some day see who's right. :icon_wink It's not always like that.

As a former God fearing Christian who actually considered becoming a priest I am very confident that I'll be absolutely fine come judgement day, in fact I imagine God will pat me on the back & say well done for not believing all of the nonsense promoted by all the religious nutjobs.

He'll be delighted with my free thinking & will pat himself on the back for creating a human with possession of critical thought.

My favourite "confession" one was saying this other lad in my year had barbie dolls i made it up so people bullied him.

and did that not ring alarm bells in your mind that this may be a complete load of bullshit?

It sure did for me which is when I went looking for the facts.

:081: I was in India when it was Ganesh' birthday. Great night at Lillia Palace, plent of rich Indian totty, if only i took my British passport, id be married by now :bang:

Do you have more than one passport then?

Did they reject you because you don't like to have sex with small boys?

Close Jeff, I actually rejected them because I couldn't bring myself to bugger children.

and did that not ring alarm bells in your mind that this may be a complete load of bullshit?

It sure did for me which is when I went looking for the facts.

I don't agree with confessions, it doesn't achieve anything. I went to a catholic primary and secondary school and was a hindu at home. As i've said before it is/was a strange combo. If i get married then it will be a hindu wedding unless its a "English bird" then i'll reconsider.

Do you have more than one passport then?

Ok now the jokes gone. I didn't take my passport the club it was back at my uncle' apartment. If they knew i was british they'd want me, infact i might try that next time i'd get some action over there, have to use two condoms though.

I don't agree with confessions, it doesn't achieve anything. I went to a catholic primary and secondary school and was a hindu at home. As i've said before it is/was a strange combo. If i get married then it will be a hindu wedding unless its a "English bird" then i'll reconsider.

With the greatest of respect jesel, you appear to me to be somebody that just blindly has accepted whatever beliefs are handed down to you by your parents.

Personally I think it would be a much better world if we all thought for ourselves.

With the greatest of respect jesel, you appear to me to be somebody that just blindly has accepted whatever beliefs are handed down to you by your parents.

Personally I think it would be a much better world if we all thought for ourselves.

You have a good point. I've never really thought about wheter God is real or not nor what I do or don't believe in, i've just accepted it. One day I might sit down and say I don't believe in God, but that day hasn't come yet. Besides I'm not one of these Church or temple people I've never prayed in my life, apart from when i've got a bet on (doesn't seem to work though). I've always said in my mind I wouldn't want to marry anyone religious.

You have a good point. I've never really thought about wheter God is real or not nor what I do or don't believe in, i've just accepted it. One day I might sit down and say I don't believe in God, but that day hasn't come yet. Besides I'm not one of these Church or temple people I've never prayed in my life, apart from when i've got a bet on (doesn't seem to work though). I've always said in my mind I wouldn't want to marry anyone religious.

I'm absolutely delighted.

jessel, open your mind, only you can do that , it is up to you, the truth is out there. ( and it doesn't involve magical nonsense)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669