If you won the Lotto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

I was just having a think about what things I would do if i won the Lottery, apart from the obvious things like a house etc what would you like to do with the money for a laugh?

I think id start with buying all the seats at Forests home games.

If I won the Lottery, I'd set up a company and give myself a succesful and well paid job instead of saying "If I won the lottery bla bla"

People should be wealthy by reward, not by good fortune.

If I won there would be a police investigation.

I've never bought a ticket.

If I won there would be a police investigation.

I've never bought a ticket.

People your age shouldn't be allowed to win it anyway.It should be for Under 50's only,no point in you old uns winning it..you haven't long left
Happy Birthday btw

Last edited:
People your age shouldn't be allowed to win it anyway.It should be for Under 50's only,no point in you old uns winning it..you haven't long left
Happy Birthday btw

I agree. We'd only fritter it away on food & keeping warm.

i'd build a business that would bring money into Leicestershire and employ Leics folk

perhaps something like the Eden Project

or something to help bring along renewable energy technology like a wind farm/solar power research centre

Depends how much I won. I won a tenner on a scratch card once bought with love to shop vouchers. Put it on a horse in the National turned out to be the winner.

That was a good day, I think I used up all my luck on that little accumulator.

If I won £1’000’000.00

I don’t need a flash house. I can easily get a nice apartment for £125-150k in Tamworth.. I would pay a £50’000.00 deposit and pay repayments over certain years. (Yes I know interest rates are higher, however, I would pay it over a 30 year span not only this but it would help cash flow).

I’d get a Car (try and find 0% HP and keep renewing the lease buying better vehicles) I wouldn’t waste it on the fly, rich, fast cars, just decent, affordable cars which are good on insurance and decent on fuel

I’d put £800k in a savings account, hoping to get 5% interest rate = £40’000.00 a year. Which IMO is a VERY, VERY good wage.

I’d go abroad a couple of times.

I would still study for 6 years (in my own time) and set up a small book keeping company hoping to turn over £12k for 10 hours or so work a week.

Then at mid-40’s I’d spend some of the £800k. (yes i could die tomorrow with £800k in the bank, but you've always got to plan ahead with these things)

£40k is a hell of a lot of money and you can take advantage of these cheap or low interest rates on credit and earn more in savings.

Shame, it ain’t never going to happen!!!

(Yes I know interest rates are higher, however, I would pay it over a 30 year span not only this but it would help cash flow).
No it wouldn't.

If the rest of your post goes to plan, cash flow won't be a problem anyway. Much better to pay the flat off in one go and save on the interest you pay.

You have £800,000 in an account which will provide you with plenty of cash flow from interest alone and prevent you paying interest to a mortgage lender.

If I won £1’000’000.00

I don’t need a flash house. I can easily get a nice apartment for £125-150k in Tamworth.. I would pay a £50’000.00 deposit and pay repayments over certain years. (Yes I know interest rates are higher, however, I would pay it over a 30 year span not only this but it would help cash flow).

I’d get a Car (try and find 0% HP and keep renewing the lease buying better vehicles) I wouldn’t waste it on the fly, rich, fast cars, just decent, affordable cars which are good on insurance and decent on fuel

I’d put £800k in a savings account, hoping to get 5% interest rate = £40’000.00 a year. Which IMO is a VERY, VERY good wage.

I would still study for 6 years (in my own time) and set up a small book keeping company hoping to turn over £12k for 10 hours or so work a week.

Then at mid-40’s I’d spend some of the £800k. (yes i could die tomorrow with £800k in the bank, but you've always got to plan ahead with these things)

£40k is a hell of a lot of money and you can take advantage of these cheap or low interest rates on credit and earn more in savings.

All very sensible.Whatever happened to Sex Drugs And Rock N Roll ?:102:

If I won £1’000’000.00

So you've not given it much thought then :102:

I think he's taken it for granted now that no birds will be interested in him, even if he is wonga'd up.

But he would beating them off with a big stick when they found out he owned a Smalll book keeping business

Feck me the youth of today have no idea.

I'd go to a bank and ask to withdraw all of my money in 1p pieces. Then go and weigh it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46