If you won the Lotto

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he would beating them off with a big stick when they found out he owned a Smalll book keeping business

I bet he uses that one when he's out on the town now.

I'd spend most of it on women, booze and fast cars, and I'd squander the rest.

It's for the Best...

I would start an allowance of £3600 each for the kids each year and build it up year on year so that I can hand it to them FOC in one lump sum so that the taxman cannot lay his sticky mits on it.

I would also play golf every day, because I wanted a sport that takes 4-5 hours out of my day which could feasibly replace a job.

I'd invest it all in the company that runs the lottery. That way I'd get to feel what really winning the lottery is like.

I'd buy all the rights off Jeff to talkingballs and ban the whole feckin' lot of you

I would invest 90% of the money into shares, start up businesses, housing etc.

I think I'd do some really pointlessly stupid stuff, like have a room with plasma TV's covering the wall all playing Birds of a Feather on repeat just to see people's reactions.

I would buy the best seats for all the big and major sporting events I've always thought would be great to see..... The four tennis Grand Slams, the Superbowl, the first day of the Boxing Day ashes test Down Under, front row at the big four wrestling pay-per-views, the Olympics etc.

I would travel the world. I would start off doing a road trip all across the U.S. visiting every state. Then on to North Africa and the Middle East and then on to the Far East. I would visit a Bazaar in Marakesh and smoke Hookah's in Dubai and ride a Camel in the Omani desert. I would walk the Great Wall of China and look out over Hong Kong from atop Victoria Peak.

I would eat in the best restaurants and spend 100 times Ethiopa's GDP on the mst stylish of clothes. I would indulge in facials, massages and manicures and pamper myself on a daily basis.

If I won £1’000’000.00

I don’t need a flash house. I can easily get a nice apartment for £125-150k in Tamworth.. I would pay a £50’000.00 deposit and pay repayments over certain years. (Yes I know interest rates are higher, however, I would pay it over a 30 year span not only this but it would help cash flow).

I’d get a Car (try and find 0% HP and keep renewing the lease buying better vehicles) I wouldn’t waste it on the fly, rich, fast cars, just decent, affordable cars which are good on insurance and decent on fuel

I’d put £800k in a savings account, hoping to get 5% interest rate = £40’000.00 a year. Which IMO is a VERY, VERY good wage.

I’d go abroad a couple of times.

I would still study for 6 years (in my own time) and set up a small book keeping company hoping to turn over £12k for 10 hours or so work a week.

Then at mid-40’s I’d spend some of the £800k. (yes i could die tomorrow with £800k in the bank, but you've always got to plan ahead with these things)

£40k is a hell of a lot of money and you can take advantage of these cheap or low interest rates on credit and earn more in savings.

Shame, it ain’t never going to happen!!!

These are the ramblings of somebody who has little or no idea about finance, I take it you gave up on training to be an accountant then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46