Ignoring threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick addition to this - when I look at the list of sub-forums and it details the most recent post on the box to the right of the sub-forum (in this case 'Music') it says that the most recent post in that section is in a thread I'm ignoring. This must relate to the thread mentioned in my post above as it's the only one I've tried it with.

That's answered my last question then.

When I set it up I wasn't able to test it on the new posts thing because there weren't any new posts. There obviously haven't been any new posts in the threads I've got on ignore, as I haven't noticed this problem.

I think it's something to do with the way the new version displays the new posts, hopefully it will be easy to fix.

I appreciate you've got a lot to do Jeff, it's not something that bothers me greatly so please don't do too much unnecessary work. I just thought you'd want to know.

I appreciate you've got a lot to do Jeff, it's not something that bothers me greatly so please don't do too much unnecessary work. I just thought you'd want to know.

It might not bother you greatly but I know it bothers others, so I'll do what I can to fix it. The new version uses a completely new search function (which is what powers the new posts thing), so I'm having to delve into the code to see what's happening.

Thanks for pointing out the problem. I'm surprised no one else had noticed it.

Thanks for pointing out the problem. I'm surprised no one else had noticed it.

We did, but seeing as you have a full time job as well we didn't really want to bother you about it :icon_wink

Ignored posts will show up when you do a search or click on 'new posts', as explained earlier in this thread.

Sorry Jeff, I either didn't read that or else forget you had written it.

Either way, as my most used icon is the one for showing new posts to all intents and purposes I don't actually have an 'ignore thread' option since the upgrade.

Sorry Jeff, I either didn't read that or else forget you had written it.

Either way, as my most used icon is the one for showing new posts to all intents and purposes I don't actually have an 'ignore thread' option since the upgrade.

I spent ages the other night working my way through the program to find out exactly how the new posts thing works and trying various things to see if I could hook into it (hence the "this is a test thing that was appearing on that page). I've abandoned the idea of doing it that way because it would involve major edits to system files, and any minor update to the program could break it.

I may be able to provide similar functionality by writing a hack for the template but that will have to wait for a while as I'm on holiday next week and won't get a chance to do it before I come back.

I may be able to provide similar functionality by writing a hack for the template but that will have to wait for a while as I'm on holiday next week and won't get a chance to do it before I come back.

Have a great time. Don't worry about this forum, we'll look after it while you are away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669