Ignoring threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have not been able to get the ignore thread system working properly. But I have found a way that will allow threads to be ignored - but only if I manually add the ignore list to the database.

This could take up quite a bit of my time, so I will only update if the following rules are followed:

I will only do one update per member, per week.
To request threads to be ignored, please send me a PM with the title "Ignore:" followed by the IDs of the threads you want to ignore, separated by commas. The final ID should not be followed by a comma.

The thread ID is the part of the url that follows the final /

So for example if you want to ignore these threads:

http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/33486-Who-wants-to-be-a-Leicesterare
http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/33149-The-annoying-but-traditional-totally-unfounded-Summer-2011-rumours-thread

Send the PM, with the following title:
Ignore:33486,33149

You can put what you want in the body of the PM, but don't expect me to read it. Anyone who sends requests too often or doesn't send it in the correct format will be ignored.

I will need to go into the database system to update the ignored threads, so I will probably do them in batches. Please don't expect them to be updated immediately. If I haven't updated your request after a week you can send it again.

Beyond the call of duty!

Don't suppose we can have a wildcard, like, er, the word 'cricket'?

Don't suppose we can have a wildcard, like, er, the word 'cricket'?

No.
Thread IDs only.

I installed a system that was written for the old version of the forum that would have allowed people to ignore sub-forums like the cricket one, but it was very broken and I didn't have a clue where to look to start fixing it. The author doesn't appear to have any intention of updating it to work with the current version.

All done - just use the Thread Tools link at the top of the thread.
:038::038::038:

No, for saving me from cricket you deserve more than a round of applause.

:056:

Sorry, can't find a shagging icon!

:038::038::038:

No, for saving me from cricket you deserve more than a round of applause.

:056:

Sorry, can't find a shagging icon!

sex4.gif

All done - just use the Thread Tools link at the top of the thread.

Jeff, I've tried this 3 times now with the 'What Are You Listening To Now' thread and yet, whenever someone posts in it, it still shows up when I click 'New Posts'.

(Apologies if I haven't explained this very clearly)

Jeff, I've tried this 3 times now with the 'What Are You Listening To Now' thread and yet, whenever someone posts in it, it still shows up when I click 'New Posts'.

(Apologies if I haven't explained this very clearly)

Quick addition to this - when I look at the list of sub-forums and it details the most recent post on the box to the right of the sub-forum (in this case 'Music') it says that the most recent post in that section is in a thread I'm ignoring. This must relate to the thread mentioned in my post above as it's the only one I've tried it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669